Monday, February 20, 2023

The Good, The Bad and the Furry

We've had some great weather this week - there was some really cold weather, but also mostly afternoons with weather good enough to play outside, so the boys have had fun playing after school on the playground.  

Tuesday was Valentine's Day.  We did things a bit different this year.  For starters, we kept it pretty small this year, and second, we did our heart shaped biscuits for dinner instead of for breakfast.  With 3 kids in early morning seminary, we didn't want to miss half the family, and we didn't want to wake up the younger kids that early and we didn't want to cook them twice, so we changed it to dinner - so only Anna missed it....  


Wednesday was Activity Days.  When we got to the church early to set up, James said he could see bunnies, so naturally when I went in to set up, he stayed outside to try to catch the bunnies.  Turned out there were 4 of them.  He caught one and was petting it until I convinced him to let it go and go inside.  Then another boy came who flat out refused to go inside when there were bunnies to be caught.  He managed to catch 3 of them and had me and the sister missionaries and his dad holding bunnies.  We didn't know where they belonged or how long they had been out or what to do with them, but we finally convinced the boy to let us release them and go inside for the last 15 min of the activity.  As you can see - they were not wild rabbits, but domesticated ones that had been pets at some point.  They were pretty sweet and relaxed when held, so they were used to being held.  


Friday morning, I had a doctor's appointment - just a normal visit - but the parking was awful and because it took me 15 minutes to find a parking space and another 10 minutes to walk back to the doctor's office, I was late.  :(  Then after, I headed out to meet up with some friends for our monthly ladies lunch.  I feel so blessed to have found some wonderful friends here!  

Friday, Dan and I went to the temple and met some friends there, then after went out for dinner.  It was a nice little date night!  

Saturday Anna and I had our Peter the Rock rehearsals and water polo.  Rehearsals are going well - the songs are really starting to come together.  It's been really neat to work with this group and with Don and Mike on this musical production!  After water polo, a bunch of us went out for drinks/food to celebrate the return of one of our regulars from Italy and his becoming a US citizen.  He's a really nice guy and a good player and it's nice to have him back.  It was also fun to just spend some time with the water polo people just socializing and chatting.

While we were gone, Dan took the kids to the library and they came home with the usual piles of books and a Theremin.  I couldn't believe that they had a Theremin to borrow at the library!  David has been having a blast with it.  He's been loving getting to experiment with it.  I think some of the older kids are getting a bit annoyed with it, but I think it's pretty cool...  


The talks in church today were wonderful and the choir sang and did a wonderful job.  Primary was, as usual, a mixed bag with some forward progress and some craziness.  Near the end of church, I found out that my old college roommate Libby had passed away.  I haven't keep in touch with her really, but she was an amazing human being.  She was such a good example to me and I am who I am today at least in part because of the example she and her sister set of living the gospel.  My heart aches for her family, but it's been a bit hard not being able to find out what happened.  As a result though, I was able to have a nice chat with a mutual friend of ours.  

No comments: