Sunday, October 9, 2022

And yes... more water polo :)

We've had a fun and busy week!  Monday I volunteered to help out at the high school, there were some biology classes in need of help monitoring on a field trip just outside the school, so I went and mostly just helped carry stuff and helped keep an eye on everyone.  Then as we were heading back, there was  a girl lagging behind who was really struggling with the heat all the walking and standing and other sensory issues, so I walked with her and tried to distract her - turns out that she is also a big Legend of Zelda fan and so we talked about that and she writes fan fiction, so I told her about Eileen and the stuff she writes and pointed her to Eileen's stuff and we had a nice walk and talk back to the class.  I feel like she was the reason I was there that day - and even if I did nothing else helpful, I hope I made her day a bit better.  

Tuesday, I met up with Sara and Emily for brunch and chatting.  We had a great time together and I love getting to live near these amazing women and getting to have these times together!   



My afternoons are mostly pretty laid back.  After I walk down to get the boys from school, we usually stay at the playground after for an hour and the boys play and I read or chat with other parents or just watch the boys play, and it's a nice way to spend the afternoon together.  David mostly plays with the other kids, but he still wants to show me the new things he's trying every day.  

Eileen had her first Relief Society Activity.  They had a fun Halloween themed activity and she said she had a really good time.  I wish I could have been there with her, but I'm so glad to see her finding a place!  


On Wednesday, I spent the afternoon at a friends house crocheting and chatting.  The weather started out a bit cool, but before too long, I was needing to take my sweater off and it was a really nice day to sit outside on her patio and chat.  

Thursday, the boys had a water polo game, the girls were supposed to also, but the other team had to forfeit because they had too many sick girls.  While sad, it was probably for the best since we had an early morning the next day!

Friday we loaded up the van and headed out to Portland area for the Dan Berry Tournament.  We spent all day Friday playing and eating and hanging out.  There were some awesome moments - Anna had some awesome blocks and Aaron some awesome play time - plus the team coming together as a team.  We played monkey in the middle, went for Jamba and were a bit goofy together.  I gave my camera to some of the kids on the team and it was passed around and the picture ranged from fun shots of the kids playing to even funnier shots of the kids being goofballs!  What a privilege it is to get to work with these kids!  Our girls actually took first at our pool for the first day, but they decided to forfeit the second day because of homecoming.  After the day was over, we all went out to a nearby pizza place for food, then headed home to bed!




While I was sad that we wouldn't be playing on Saturday, it also meant that I was able to go play with the Masters group which was a lot of fun - I was playing well and had some really good blocks and it was a fun group - plus I have missed it these last couple weeks! 

Anna was asked to homecoming and went with a group of friends.. She said she had a great time.  She wore Grandma Penny's dress again this year and she looks so cute in it!  The girls had fun getting together to get ready before.  Then they met up to take pictures and then after the dance they hung out at one of their houses around the fire pit.  


Dan and I went to the water polo Wall of Wine fundraiser.  It's a fun adults only event with yummy food and great people.  It was a great evening that just seemed to fly by.  We got some auction tickets and actually won something - we won a little art class to learn how to make a really cool painting!  

Church today was wonderful.  I got to play the organ and play the piano for primary.  I love just getting to spend the better part of 2 hours playing music!  Then ward choir in the afternoon and fun time together as a family after.  

No comments: