This week was crazy. Dan was out of town until Wednesday night and we had to try to figure out how to make everything happen with only one driver and not enough adults! But the kids and I survived and the house was still in tact when Dan got home late Wednesday! My sanity may have been less so, but we survived.
Monday, my throat was a bit sore (I think now that it was really just from too much yelling at the boys tournament) and Evelyn was a bit sniffly and David was coughing a bit, so I kept Evelyn home and took us all for quick COVID tests. Thankfully they all came back negative.
Thurday, was a Water Polo game and that would have been plenty of excitement for me, but Dan thought it was a bit too mundane, so we ended up having to take him into the ER. He had the same problem he had back in Colorado that ended up with him in the ER. Thankfully, they were able to get some meds into him pretty quickly and to get him feeling better and on his way home. I got him home and resting before taking off for what was left of the games. I got to see most of the guys game and the girls game - and it was exciting since we won - both games!
Friday was the beginning of the girls Water Polo Tournament. The first two games were easy ones, but after that, they got much harder. We won the 3rd game also - against a team we had lost to earlier in the season, but then on the 3rd game on Saturday, they were all burnt out and playing one of the best teams in the nation, and things didn't go as well.
Saturday also included James and Aaron both having soccer games and Evelyn having a birthday party. And that was all on top of General Conference. Thankfully, the Water Polo game times meant I could watch/listen to most of conference, but it was a rather exhausting day!
Sunday, I had asked Nate to cover the tournament so that I could focus on the last day of conference and being with my family, it was good - much needed, for both me and Anna.
No comments:
Post a Comment