Monday morning, we packed up and headed home from Idaho. We stopped at a swimming spot on the river where Dan used to go swim as a kid. We ate lunch there and had fun playing around there and getting our legs moving before we had to get back in the car and finish our trip home. We still managed to get home in plenty of time to eat dinner.
Tuesday morning was mostly spent doing laundry and getting unpacked. The younger 3 kids went to a music camp with Sister Shum on dinosaurs - they had a great time, and I had a couple hours to try and get things done.
Wednesday, it began. School that is. Well at least it began for James. Bright and early, James and Caleb headed down to school on their bikes. We got him to the school and they got their bikes on the bike rack, then we found classrooms - for James and Caleb, and then for like 4 other kids too... lol James had a great first day of school and even rode his bike home with out any help!
Thursday evening, Anna had a Water Polo game. The other team didn't have enough eligible players to field a boys team and girls team, so we played one co-ed game. It was a fun game, one that our strong players could have easily won, so we were able to give our less experienced players more game time. They did great, and it was awesome hearing them cheer each other on!
Friday after getting the older kids to school, I took David to his preschool for a little Meet-the-Teacher thing. David got to meet the other kids and see where his preschool is - he was so excited and can't wait to have his preschool for real. He keeps asking when he gets to go to preschool and when it starts. He is so excited to be like his big siblings!
Saturday was a bit nuts. Anna had a cross country meet that we had to drop her off at the school for. She dropped a few minutes off her time - turns out the cross training with Water Polo is doing good for her running too! Then Aaron had a soccer game - his team won 7-2 and while he didn't score, he had a couple good blocks and did a great job! James also had a soccer game and his team won too - 6-2. He also played well and had a great time!
I had a Stake Relief Society conference. It was really great! I missed the first session, but the other two were awesome - one was about introverts and extroverts, and I feel like maybe I understand Eileen a bit better now, and maybe myself too. :) Dan took Evelyn out to pick out her scripture case and CTR ring which is what we get the kids for their 12th birthday. She is so excited to get them - now she just needs to wait until her birthday on Thursday!
In the evening, the ward had a ward BBQ, lots of yummy food and games and fun. The kids had a great time and even Eileen wasn't happy when it was time to go! But we had to get home and do scriptures and prayers and lots of other stuff. Eileen had an appointment to get her hair trimmed too.
Sunday has also been busy. We had church which was wonderful! After church, I had a quick meeting with the Primary Activities leaders, then there was a couple girls from the ward who were getting baptized which was wonderful - the room was packed, it was awesome to see the love and support there! After church, Dan had an appointment to get a pre-surgery Covid test. The test was negative and he is all cleared and ready for his surgery tomorrow. We had dinner, then I drove over to Sandi's to pick my mom up! She is in town to help me with getting people to all the places they need to go while Dan can't drive. I'm excited to have her here for a couple day, and after going over the calendar for the week - I'm especially grateful she is here - I think I would have gone nuts otherwise!
No comments:
Post a Comment