Sunday, September 19, 2021

Birthday Week!

My mom came in last Sunday evening to help out with things while Dan was having and recovering from his surgery.  Dan went in for his surgery on Monday afternoon.  My mom drove him there while I handled getting the kids to and from everywhere.  With Covid, the hospital wouldn't let anyone in with him - even for the pre-op stuff.  We just had to drop him off and then pick him up when they called to say he was ready.  The surgery went well and his recovery went well.  Mostly he was just tired.  As he felt better, he would try to do a bit of work during the day, and by the end of the week, he was back in the office.  He is feeling good and just has to be careful about lifting anything over 20 lbs. 

Tuesday was my birthday!  Dan is such an amazing hubby that he already had everything ready for my birthday!  My mom and David made my cake and we all managed to squeeze a fun birthday dinner and presents and cake in before evening stuff started.  I made cupcakes for the water polo team for my birthday and we had a fun and tiring practice.  

David loved having Grandma around.  Since the older kids were gone at school most of the day - he got the most time with her.  She would play kids music on her phone and he would dance and sing along - or tell her to skip that song.  He had so much fun with her!!  


Tuesday was also David's first day of preschool.  He was SO excited to go.  He had his backpack all packed up and he was ready to go early that morning.  So far, he is loving preschool and loves feeling like he is a big kid!  I have spent most of his preschool time so far running errands, we will see if that changes.  :)  


Wednesday was a momentous day for our family.  We took Anna to the DMV to get her driver's permit.  We officially have another driver... kinda.   :)  Dan has taken her out to practice driving, but she has her papers and she has passed the test!!  


Our evening was as crazy as Wednesday evenings usually are.  I got in the water at water polo practice and put the goalies through a goalie workout - and did it with them.  I kept up, but I was exhausted by the end!!  It was fun working with the goalies!  

Thursday was Evelyn's 12th birthday!  She was so excited about her new scriptures and CTR ring!  She wanted Chicken and Sundried Tomato Pasta for her birthday dinner and an ice cream cake.  I found her an M&M ice cream cake and she was so excited!  


Friday, my mom had her flight back home.  I'm so grateful she was able to come this week - I don't know how we would have done it without her!  I think she left thinking we were a bit crazy though!  :)  Friday evening, we held a non-mandatory water polo practice since there was a home football game that night, so we only had 4 people show up, but we had a great practice with them and were able to really go through some particulars and nail down some stuff since the coach/player ratio was so good!  Nate and I both got in the water with the kids and had a great time!  

Saturday was soccer games for the boys and David was invited to a birthday party.  They had it at the bowling alley and David had a great time!!  Aaron's team won their game, James' lost, but it was a good game and they played well.  


Evelyn wanted to have a birthday party, so she invited some friends over and we painted nails and had a piñata and snacks and played games.  Evelyn had a great time and was sad when it was over, but she had a blast!  We tried to mostly keep it outside, but since we were finally getting rain, there was a point when it started coming down and we had to move it inside.  



After we cleared the kids out from the party, Dan and I took off on a date night.  We went for dinner and then we went to see Free Guy.  We had a great time together as always and then headed home.  

Church today was great!  Great talks and primary was fun!  I spent some time in my craft room again making masks and working on Eileen's pencil pouch.  We had fun playing some games and chatting with family and eating waffles.  Then Dan and the older 4 kids went to the Youth Fireside.  

No comments: