Sunday, August 15, 2021

Hot Fun in the Summer Time

We've had a rather busy week!  Temperatures here have been way high, so we have been looking for fun ways to cool off.  It's been hot and humid here - enough to feel like we were back in Texas.  

Tuesday, we met up with some friends at a nearby bowling alley and all went bowling.  I think the kids all (except Eileen) had a great time, they had fun bowling and hanging out with friends.  David was funny because he didn't really know what was going on, and James had a talent for bouncing off the bumpers into a pretty good shot.  I did horribly, but still had fun!  Evelyn had fun with her friends, but managed to smash her finger pretty good between bowling balls.  :(  It got purple and fat, but thankfully was feeling mostly better by the next day.  



Tuesday evening Aaron had his first soccer practice.  We thought he would be able to play with his friends Luke, but it turned out that they couldn't because they were in different grades.  It was hot out, but he seemed to have a fun time!  

Tuesday evening, I also had a meeting with the other water polo coaches from the High School to talk about where we were at and what needed to be done.  After, I felt more prepared for the upcoming season.  

Wednesday, we went to a matinee discount movie with the kids.  We saw Despicable Me and had a fun time with friends again!  

Thursday morning, we went down to Corvallis to pick peaches at the Peach Place - which is a peach farm owned by Claire's family.  The kids had fun picking peaches in the morning, then in the afternoon, I took the younger kids to pick blackberries for jam and to give Anna some time to get the house ready for the evening. 



In the evening, Anna's piano students (Taz and Kai) had their first piano recital.  They both played songs they had been working hard on!  We had treats and we did a zoom call so the extended families could watch too.  It was a fun little event and Taz and Kai did a great job!  Anna has had fun teaching them and has done a great job so far! 

After the recital, I had to head out for a coaches meeting for the league.  I think we may actually be ready to start the upcoming season!  

Friday, we headed out to the coast to escape the heat!  It was supposed to be hot in Portland area, so we took off!  The beach was perfect - sunny and warm enough to want to get in the water some, but also not miserably hot.  The kids had a great time, but Eileen was sad to not find any shells.  



Saturday was a busy day, but nothing exciting.  Dan and I spent the morning working outside.  I got some more trimming of bushes done and Dan got the garage cleaned out and organized a bit more.  He also took some stuff down to Goodwill, then he went out and got new bikes for David and James.  He also took Evelyn out for a little outing together.  David loves his new little balance bike and he's having a blast trying it out and he says that he loves the blue color of the bike!  



James is also excited about his new bike - with gears!  It's all tuned up and ready for bike camp next week!  

Saturday evening, was spent making blackberry peach jam!  yum!!



Church today was wonderful, the messages were wonderful and the primary went pretty well!  After, we had the sister missionaries over for dinner and a message.  I also had a nice chat with my dad on the phone after calling to wish him a happy birthday!  

No comments: