Sunday, December 6, 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

 Well it's officially December, weather has been chilly but surprisingly dry and clear so we have taken lots of walks and gone to the play ground.  David loves walking down to the playground and seeing all the Christmas decorations on the way.  He really loves the Olaf and and the Bumble and the snowmen.  It's been fun to watch all the decorations go up!  


On Monday, we decorated our Christmas tree.  We talked about some of the symbolism for the Christmas tree and about the memories behind some of the ornaments, and then we drank eggnog and hung ornaments and sang Christmas Songs!  




Virtual school has been a bit rough - the it's very frustrating having to try to keep the kids on task all the time and keep David happy and not disruptive.  I will be glad when this is all over.  

Anna took David and James to the park one afternoon after school and I went out and ran an errand while I could, then I got home to find Dan playing with the curling iron....  He was very excited with how curly it got - but after a couple hours, he just looked like Doc from Back to the Future.  


Evelyn has been having fun with the foam curlers and I love how her hair comes out.  And it stays in well all day too!  


This weekend, was the MCO concert live stream.  We all watched it together on Friday night.  It was awesome!  We had fun looking for ourselves and listening to the music!  My Dad then proceeded to watch it as many times as he was able to over the course of the next few days - he spotted Koopa in the background when we show up and had a grand time listening and crying.  :)  


Today was almost back to usual busy!  Dan and I were asked to say the prayers this week, so we were able to go to the meeting at the church building for the broadcast.  The kids did well and the talks were wonderful.  After we came back home for Sacrament and then took it easy until Evelyn's Temple preview meeting in the afternoon.  Evelyn will be going into Young Womens this year!  I'm going to have all my girls in Young Womens now....  After, we had an early dinner before a zoom meeting with Grandpa and my parents and aunts and uncles and sister.  Then we watched the Christmas Devotional,  It was so wonderful - I finally feel like maybe the Christmas Season is actually starting now.  

Dan had fun making Texas Sheet Cake with David with the plan of taking some to some friends in the ward.  Then those friends stopped by with a home made treat for us!  ❤️❤️



No comments: