Sunday, December 13, 2020

Good Friends and Good Food

 Dan has been on a Crepe making kick lately.  He calls them "making eggs" and the kids all love to help eat them (and so do I!)  

The kids have had school all week and we are all looking forward to the Christmas break!  We met with some of Evelyn's teachers this week to try and figure out what she needs to be doing and how to do it.  The teachers all seems astonished that I had 5 kids in the house in school plus a 3 year old at home.  I think they all had a better understanding by the end of the meeting of how much personal help I'm able to give her and of the fact that we are learning all new software here and hopefully they will be a bit more patient with us as we learn it.  We were kinda thrown into the middle of the school year and expected to know how to do everything, but we don't....  I'm very ready for virtual learning to be done...

David loves to help in the kitchen - anytime someone is going to cook something, he asks if he can "make eggs"  On Saturday, we made a roast and David helped me wash the potatoes to put in the pot.  He was so cute! 


David has also started getting up really early in the morning and then coming in and climbing into bed with Dan and I, but he only wants to snuggle with me - if he is between Dan and I, he will slowly try to kick Dan out of bed.  If I take my arm off of him - he puts it back and if Dan tries to snuggle with us, he pushes Dan's arm off.  

On of the guys that Dan works with recently got moved out here and into their new house, but their furniture and stuff all got lost, so they have had to sit on the floor and eat take out, so we had them over for dinner on Saturday to help us eat the roast.  We sent them home with some of our freezer food so they can at least have some home made food instead of take out while waiting for their stuff to arrive.  

Sunday, Dan and I were speaking in church, so we all got to go to the building this week.  It's a lot less nerve wracking to speak in church when there are only a hand full of people in the room other than your own family.  After church, I got set apart as a Young Women's advisor and I'm so excited to get to serve with the Young Women!  I will be working with the youngest class - so I will be with Evelyn's class when she starts Young Women's in January!  After church, the youth had lessons - so I hopped on the young women's lesson to introduce myself and start participating with them and getting to know them a bit!  

In the afternoon, we started our great cookie cook-off!  We had our friends over to help us decorate, and we made cut out cookies and spritz cookies and then in the evening, Dan made the shortbread while I tried to get David to bed.  Eileen made herself my flour girl and while I was rolling out the dough and helping kids cut out cookies - she "aggressively floured everything" including the cookie cutters, the counter, the dough, herself and anyone who came in range.  :)  




Dan and I are trying to get presents wrapped up before Christmas Eve since we have our own presents to wrap plus the stuff from my parents.  So we wrap a few here and there and it's slowly getting done - less than 2 weeks til Christmas!!!!  

Dan and I went on a date night on Friday night.  We walked around the mall a bit and walked around Walmart a bit and got some YUMMY take out from a restaurant at the mall, then went to eat in the car.  Date night is certainly different with COVID and everything closed right now except shops and take out food, but any time I get out with Dan is a good time!  

No comments: