Sunday, October 13, 2019

Birthdays?

It's been a fun and busy week.  The kids had their usual school busy - seminary, cross country, band, clubs, etc.  We had a fun scripture lesson on Wednesday about walls and how to tear down the walls that separate us from the Savior.  The kids had activities in the evening and I spent some time practicing the organ. 


Dan and I met up for lunch and had a great time.  Then on the way home, I ran by Bath and Body Works for a birthday gift for my mom.   David loves to help mommy shop and he loves flirting with all the women - every woman notices him and thinks he's adorable - it's hilarious.  

David loves saying prayers all by himself and one night when he was saying prayers, he started blessing everyone - he started with Daddy and went around the room saying everyone's name... then he got to Eileen and apparently couldn't remember her name - so he just kept saying names and pointing at her until we helped him and helped him end his prayer. 


Evelyn has been enjoying having her hour up now that she is 10 - we played Dominion with her and she struggled a bit, but learned it and had enough fun to request it again tonight. 

Saturday was fun - Anna and I went to work out with Grandma in the morning, then we headed home to get the house cleaned up and things ready.  Then we headed down to Grandma and Grandpa's house for dinner and to celebrate all the September and October birthdays with cake and ice cream and presents.  It was fun!  Then we headed home.  After getting the younger kids to bed, Dan and I watched the newer Spider Man movie and then I spent a bit of time playing my new birthday present! 

Today was wonderful but crazy.  I was directing the music and speaking in sacrament meeting.  I'm not usually excited to speak in Sacrament meeting, but I was today because I got to speak on how music helps us feel the spirit.  Then we had a wonderful musical number that brought the spirit beautifully, and finally another wonderful talk - the youth speaker before me was also wonderful!  Primary was fun and a bit crazy.  One sweet little girl in jr. primary frequently resists going to primary, but she will come and sit with me - today she snuggled in my lap the whole time. 

In the evening we had friends over for dinner and games.  We had a fun time chatting and eating and playing Settlers with them. 

No comments: