Sunday, July 7, 2019

Happy 4th of July!

We've had a fun and busy week.  Monday was the usual laundry day.  Tuesday was a usual day.  Some of the kids had check ups - they are doing well and growing up way too fast.  I've started getting accustomed to the fact that Eileen and Anna are teenagers and look like it, but now Aaron is starting to look older and even Evie when she got dressed up for church this week looked way too grown up.  

Wednesday, we spent the evening at the pool with the Johnsons, and then invited them over for dinner.  We had a fun evening.  Eileen and Anna didn't have a youth activity, it was cancelled.  So we had a nice evening at home together.  

Thursday morning was the 4th of July ward breakfast.  They asked me to sing the national anthem to start us off, then we had a yummy breakfast and had fun games.  We had fun doing sack races and playing on the playground and in the splash pad.  Eileen kept to herself, and went home early (most of the kids rode their bikes) but overall, we had a fun morning.  The rest of the day was pretty normal (though it felt like a Saturday since Dan was home.)  In the evening, we watched the fireworks from an upstairs window with the kids for a little bit, then sent them to bed.  





Friday was long and busy, but fun.  We got up to got to David and James' checkups, both are doing well.  Then we headed down to the lake to meet up with my Dad and Sandi and spend some time on the boat.  The lake was busy and rather choppy, so mostly the kids had fun on the tube, but I went out on water skis - the water was no good for wake boarding, but skiing was do-able.  We had a fun time and went home tired and happy.  After we got home and changed, Dan and I went to the temple with some friends and then went to dinner with them after.  We had a fun evening with them and dinner and it's always wonderful to be in the temple! 


Saturday morning, Anna and I headed out to do our Bob Ross Painting class. We were there pretty much all day - but we had a good time and came home with a couple of pretty neat paintings that are still drying....  It was really neat, and I was surprised by what really was as easy as he makes it look and what wasn't. 


Church today was wonderful, but I was still a bit burnt out from the long weekend, so I took a nap after church.  Then in the evening, we had some new ward members over for dinner - they have a little girl about David's age, so I'm looking forward to some play dates when the kids go back to school. 

No comments: