Sunday, March 3, 2019

Track and Family Fun

Monday was a momentous day - our old van finally died.  In fact, it died multiple times on the way home from school pick ups - thankfully they happened on small empty roads, so it wasn't a big deal and we didn't have far to go, so we still made it home.  That night while I folded laundry, Dan spent his evening getting us a new huge van.  We have upgraded to a 12-seat van and the plan is to have this last for the next 10 years or so until we can downgrade.  The kids have all been super excited to have a new van where they can spread out and not sit next to each other.  

Anna had a home track meet after school on Tuesday, so we bundled up and headed out to the field to watch her run.  She did great and got a PR in her mile time again - she's almost under 7 minutes for her mile!  We then booked it to piano lessons for Evie and James.  I had institute in the evening, but ended up having to leave early because I had taken the car, but hadn't left Dan the only key for the van, so he couldn't go pick Anna up from her track meet.  Her phone had died so we had no way to contact her and figure out how things were going, so I headed over only to find out that there was still a half hour left to go in the meet.  Oh well - I just wish I'd brought a warmer jacket!!  


Wednesday was the usual with Young Women's in the evening.  Thursday was much the same with me having choir in the evening.  After choir, I had a good time chatting with Jenny - it helped me figure out what options we might have for Eileen if we have her sing with the choir next school year. 

Friday we got to go to the Melissa Middle school play - they did Mary Poppins.  A bunch of the kids friends from our ward were in it.  They all did a great job and the kids all had a lot of fun - David even did a really good job even though he was up way past his bedtime! 

Saturday was busy, but fun!  Dan took the older girls and went to the temple - they met up with Grandpa Cox and did baptisms and then went to lunch after.  I took the younger kids and went to a baby shower (our ward is raining babies!)  I just barely finished up the blanket for her the night before!  We all had a great time!  In the afternoon, Dan went to go get a second key for the van so we don't have a repeat of Tuesday where I strand him with out a key....  Then Dan took the kids to the library so I could make dinner in peace and quiet and with out cute little boy help! 

Church today was wonderful - we really had a great Gospel Doctrine lesson on the Sermon on the Mount - it's amazing how much there still is to learn from it!  After church, we had choir, but we didn't have much of a turnout.  :(  Maybe because it's fast Sunday.  Before choir started - I found David sitting on a chair reading a book - it was so cute!  He is so full of personality! 


No comments: