We've had a pretty typical week. Monday was full of laundry and grocery shopping and school and such. Tuesday was a school day and piano lessons and institute. Wednesday was our ward's February Feast party night. We brought some yummy potato salad and had fun chatting with friends and eating pizza. We really have a great ward and we all had a fun time. Evie invited a friend from school to come with us and Dan was excited because it meant that we got to use our van to carry our whole family and one additional person! :)
Thursday evening, was the elementary school open house and art show. We got to see the kids class rooms and a bunch of their work, and some of their art work. We made all the kids come to support each other - I think Eileen and Anna were less than thrilled, but they dealt with it. After, I headed down to choir practice. We had sectionals this week - it was a great chance to dig into the notes and get things nailed down. It was a lot of fun! James gave himself a hair cut - it's interesting.... and needs to be fixed...
Friday was the kids last day of school before spring break! I babysat a couple kids in the ward for a friend, and we had a fun time playing and jumping on the trampoline - David was sad to see them go. :( In the evening, we picked up a babysitter for the younger kids, then took Eileen and Anna down to my parents house to get ready for their trip to Colorado with Grandma. Then Dan and I headed down to the temple for a session. We grabbed some dinner to go on the way home so we could get our babysitter home at a reasonable hour.
Saturday was a unusually relaxed day. I got to sleep in some, then we spent the morning enjoying the gorgeous weather. The kids washed the cars, David and I walked up and down the sidewalk. After David's nap, we went to Costco. Dan finally got his TV that he's been wanting for 5 or more years now. He's very excited! :) We had a yummy dinner together and we watched a video about the new Temple opening in Rome Italy. Then Dan and I enjoyed the new TV by watching a movie together.
I've been trying to make the girls send pictures of their trip - but most of what I got today was pictures out the window of the plane. Eileen was excited to be able to see the plane's shadow. So i sent her a picture of my shadow. He sure is a cute shadow!
Church today was wonderful - there were some wonderful talks given and a great lesson in Relief Society. We had a pretty good turn out for choir and Dan made yummy lemon bars for a treat. The girls were supposed to spend today at church in the Sable Ward and with friends from Aurora - but I can't seem to get them to send me pictures of much....
In the evening, we had some friends over for dinner and chatting - we had a fun time together getting to know them a bit better!
Sunday, March 10, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment