We've had a wonderful, yet busy week. The kids had the whole week off of school. Monday was still mostly laundry and grocery shopping and such. Anna already grew out of the pants that we got her just a couple months ago, so we had to get her some new ones. We had a fun Family Home Evening lesson about being thankful. We made a thankful chain of all the things we are thankful for. It was fun to watch the kids get excited about writing things on paper that they were thankful for.
Tuesday, we went to the park. The kids all wanted to ride bikes there, but since I have no way of taking David by bike, I had to drive and meet them there while Eileen and Anna showed the way there. They all had a great time playing at the park and the weather was perfect for a day outside.
Tuesday evening, I went to the church building for Stake temple recommend interviews. The line wasn't too long, so it was nice, plus while I waited, I got to chat with a sweet older lady about crocheting. She was such a sweet lady who crocheted blankets and doll clothes for little girls who needed them.
Aaron, Evie and James all had a great time building things - it started out playing blocks with David and escalated into big fancy structures that they didn't want David anywhere near.... But they had fun!
Thursday was Thanksgiving, time to eat some of the food that we had spent the last 2 days cooking. Sandi and Jon were having Thanksgiving with his family on Thursday, so our family all got together on Friday. Thursday, we went to have Thanksgiving with a bunch of families in our ward who don't have local family. It was a really nice get together with lots of yummy food and good company! The kids had a great time too.
Friday, we went down to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner. Jon wasn't feeling great, so it was just Sandi and the kids, but we all had a fun time together. Sandi and I worked some of that blasted puzzle that my parents have had out forever and it's an awful puzzle, but Sandi won't let them put it away until it's done... We had a fun time together - the kids love playing with their cousins. The food was great as always!
Saturday was a crazy busy day. When I got up to get the day started, I found Aaron reading to David - he was reading Full Metal Alchemist to him. David was paying rapt attention and they were so cute snuggling together!! First things first - I took Eileen, Aaron, Evie and James to the church for the Children's choir (Eileen is playing the flute for us) It went well and the kids did great! Then I got home and sent Dan and the younger kids off while I got things ready for the baby shower. The baby shower was great and went well. We had a pretty good turn out considering it was the weekend after Thanksgiving. During the shower, Dan took the kids to the library and to a park and they had a fun time playing - but their favorite part seemed to be stopping at Costco to use the bathrooms...
After, we met up with Sandi and Jon and my parents to go to a tree farm up near us. The place was fun and the kids had a great time playing, but there weren't really any trees that we liked, so we had a fun afternoon playing and looking around, but didn't end up getting our tree there.
After, we headed to the house of some friends in the ward for a campfire cooking of hot dogs and s'mores. We had a fun evening, the kids got to go on atv rides and eat junk and then we finally headed home to crash for the night!
Church today was wonderful! The talks in Sacrament meeting were so great! Dan and I got to substitute in Primary for James' class, David went to Nursery with out us and seems to have done great! We had a fun time in primary with the kids and then Dan took the kids home for dinner while I stayed for the Nativity choir practice. The sister missionaries stopped by in the evening and gave us copies of Lead Kindly Light in Mandarin, and helped us learn to sing it in Mandarin! It was a lot of fun and so sweet of them!








No comments:
Post a Comment