Sunday, August 12, 2018

Summer's Almost Over

Monday was rather crazy.  It was laundry day - and I got lots of help.  David thinks it's tons of fun to drag the laundry detergent all over the place.  We knew we weren't going to have much time for laundry in the evening, so I had the kids fold their laundry as the load finished.  I also needed to get the kitchen counters emptied off so that we could have room for all the canning things.  The Gustaveson's came over to have dinner and Family Home Evening and then can peaches with us!  We had a blast playing Secret Hitler together and canned a ton of peaches and had a great time.  



Tuesday, I needed to head to the middle school to get Eileen and Anna's schedules.  Eileen's ended up being all messed up, so hopefully we can get that fixed.  Then in the evening, Eileen and Anna were left in charge while Dan and I headed down to Allen for a company party.  We did bowling and some games and ate.  The bowling was fun - though I am a lousy bowler.  We had fun playing games, and got some candy with our tickets, then headed home and watched The Greatest Showman with the girls.  


Wednesday, we got the Elementary school kids registered and ready for school, then headed to the park for a bit.  They had fun - David loves the swing (even if it doesn't look like it from his face) Then in the evening, the girls had a Young Women's activity and Dan had a seminary meeting.


Eileen and Anna got up early on Thursday to go to the temple with some of the other Beehives.  When they got home, we headed down to the Tilton's house for Eileen and Anna's cake decoration class with Sister Tilton.  They had a great time and made some beautiful cakes!  While they decorated, I took the younger kids to a nearby splash pad.  They loved it - except David - it was just too crazy and noisy for him.



On Friday, we headed down to the zoo.  It was rainy and drizzly the whole time, but since that meant that it was cool and not crowded - it was really nice!  We got ponchos for the kids and they had a great time!


Saturday was more rain - all day!  In the morning, Dan took the kids to get school supplies.  In the afternoon, the kids and I had some fun jumping on the trampoline in the rain - we got soaked quickly, but it was lots of fun.


Aaron and Anna built themselves a massive train track all over the play room - but had a blast doing it, and most of the kids have been having lots of fun playing with it.


This morning, we had some fun playing some games - I won Ticket to Ride for the first time ever - then in the afternoon, we headed to church.  It was wonderful.  David is getting to the stage where he doesn't want to sit still or stay in one place, so we often end up pacing the halls so that he's not distracting everyone.  But what I do get to listen to is always wonderful!

No comments: