Sunday, August 5, 2018

Lots of Driving...

We've had a bit of a busy week this week.  Monday, I took the kids to the library, we got there and found out that they were playing a movie that had just started, so the kids and I went and watched "The Rescuers."   The kids enjoyed it and we had a fun afternoon together.  Otherwise, Monday was a normal day full of laundry and grocery shopping and the like.  

Tuesday was a mostly quiet day, David took a nice long nap!  Otherwise, we took it easy and got a bit of clean up done.  In the evening, I had institute which was great!  

Wednesday, Anna was scheduled for a doctor's visit for shots, but they called and said she was up to date, so that got cancelled.  In the evening, the girls had Young Women's activity.  It's been awesome to watch Anna get motivated to do her personal progress!  

Thursday we decided to exhaust ourselves.  We met up with Sandi and her kids and my Dad and went out on the boat. The kids mostly had a great time - Anna tried wakeboarding and Evie tried water skiing and both did a great job!  After, we took the kids home and got them dinner, then Dan and I left Eileen and Anna in charge and headed out for our anniversary date.  Dan took me to The Melting Pot where we both ate way too much food, but it was SO YUMMY!  We had a great time together.  I am so happy that I get to be married to him!  I can hardly believe it's been 16 years of marriage - I don't feel old enough for that!  




Friday was a hot and sunny day, so the kids went out and jumped on the trampoline with the sprinklers on for a bit.  Evie took David out for a bit of gently bouncing and he had a great time!  Friday morning, we headed out to what we thought was a pick your own peach place, but when we got there, it wasn't - so we bought their peaches so we had some for canning - but it was a long drive just to go buy peaches at a market.... it took an hour and a half to get there. 




Saturday Dan had a seminary training meeting, so most of the day felt like a regular week day.  When Dan got home, we took the afternoon and went to the pool.  We had plans to go to the Tilton's house, but Megan got sick, so we had to postpone.  :( 

Church today was wonderful.  Fast and testimony meeting was wonderful.  I got to enjoy a bit of Sunday school which was about Elijah, before I ended up in the hall with a cranky David.  The I ended up helping out in nursery for the last hour of church.  It was fun!  We spent a lot of time today playing games - and I managed to lose every game - pretty badly, so to help me feel better, Dan pulled out Mille Bornes - and true to form, I won. 

No comments: