We had a fun week here. James was sick for the first couple days of the week and was home from school Monday - Wednesday. By Thursday he was ready to go back to school - mostly because I'm a mean mommy and I won't just let him play video games and watch movies all day just because he's sick. He did spend a good chunk of the day on Tuesday taking a nap, but otherwise - he wasn't really acting sick, just coughing and running a fever. Thankfully he is feeling much better now, though he still coughs once in a while. David on the other hand, now has the cold. Mostly just a bit of congestion and coughing - he had a fever, but it's mostly gone now - the problem is that when he doesn't feel well, he doesn't sleep well, which means mommy doesn't sleep well either. Thankfully Daddy is sweet and awesome and helps out to let mommy get some extra sleep to make up for it.
David found the stairs this week - and began trying to climb them - so we got gates set up to keep him from climbing and falling. And don't worry - I was keeping a close eye on him - he didn't actually get up on the stair - he just got the one leg and couldn't get any further before going back down, but it was enough to give us warning to get gates up!
Monday was laundry day. James went out for Ice cream with Grandpa in the afternoon. He had a blast and came home with some fun birthday presents - that he hasn't wanted to let go of since he got them.
On Wednesday, in the evening, I went to the church with Aaron for cub scouts, and then after, I stayed with Eileen for Young Women's to teach the beehives how to crochet. They are cute girls and we had a fun time, and they did a great job! After, I met with the former pack master to learn a bit more about cub scouts and scout book. I still feel a bit like I don't know what I'm doing, but I feel like I know where to start.
Friday, I went down to meet my mom and sister for brunch - or as I like to call it breakfast. :P It was a fun outing! After school, Eileen and I ran the library books back - yey for on time returns! :) Then in the evening, the older kids had fun playing games for their hour up.
Saturday started with me sleeping in while Dan took David so I could recover from a long night. We had a fun time playing board games and going for a walk together. In the evening, Dan took me out for some Ice Cream before we headed to bed. It was nice to get out for a bit together.
Today was wonderful. Once again David had kept me up most of the night, so in the morning, Dan took over so I could sleep. Dan and Eileen had talks to give in Sacrament meeting today - they both did a great job! I'm sure the rest of the lessons were wonderful, but I spent most of them either nursing David or walking the halls with him, so I didn't get to hear them much, but I did just happen to be out in the hall way in time to talk to the primary president so I could ask her a couple questions that I had! Tonight, we had some fun doing Sudoku puzzles together, then Eileen played Settlers of Catan with us before bed. I'm ready for bed now, but David is not....
No comments:
Post a Comment