Sunday, February 18, 2018

Fun and Flour

This has been a mostly easy going week.  Monday was the usual - laundry and grocery shopping and school work and such.  We are trying to get David on a sleep schedule, but it's been hard going.  He doesn't ever want to go to sleep....  I finally gave up nursing - I'm now pumping bottles for him.  He was hurting me too much and he wouldn't sit still to eat and I was afraid my milk supply would dry up if he kept it up.  It turned out to be a good thing since his first tooth popped through this week!  Thursday he finally got it and his second one isn't going to be far behind. 



Valentine's Day was Wednesday.  We had a fun heart shaped biscuit breakfast in the morning before school and the kids got some cute little chocolate filled hearts.  In the evening was the usual Wednesday night stuff.  Anna and Evie had activity days and Aaron had cub scouts - I subbed in his cub scout den and had fun with the boys.  Eileen had a mutual activity that included dancing and loud music and Eileen absolutely hated it.... 

Evelyn had a big school project this week about the planet Saturn and she had her presentation this week and got 100%!!  She did an awesome job and she was so cute practicing for it!  She did a great job!

Friday the kids had no school, so we had some fun riding bikes and taking walks and jumping on the trampoline and playing games. 

Eileen said she would watch David and the other kids so that Dan and I could go on a date for Valentine's Day, so on Saturday, Dan and I left the kids and went out to dinner.  Eileen did a great job - but David got really fussy at the end of the night and was screaming inconsolably and Eileen couldn't handle it.  She doesn't like loud noises....  We were on our way home by then anyway - but it was a good test to see how well it would work - so it looks like we still need a David baby sitter for temple trips and longer dates. 

Church today was great!!  I subbed in James' primary class today which was lots of fun - I had David with me and the girls in the class all just adored him!  I was supposed to speak in Sacrament meeting, but they had a high council speaker come, so I got moved to next week.  But all the talks were wonderful! 

The older kids got some time up since there is no school tomorrow, so we played Carcassonne and Dan won, but it was a pretty close game all around.  Then Anna and Aaron went to bed and Eileen stayed up and helped me make some cookies for the blue and gold this week - we all ended up with flour all over us (it started with the usual amounts that you get from using lots of flour, but ended with Eileen putting a big hand print on Dan's shoulder and a big flour-y group hug and Dan making sure our black shirts were really covered.) 

No comments: