Sunday, November 5, 2017

Halloween

Monday was nice.  David and I tried to take it easy and since he napped most of the morning, I got to make up on some of the sleep I had been missing most of last week.  I got the laundry washed mostly - but David would not let me put him down long enough to fold it.  After school, and an early dinner, I took the kids to go pick up our glasses.  We all look great!  :)  On the way home, I took the kids to Cold Stone for a Family Home Evening activity.  


Tuesday was Halloween - the kids got to wear their costumes to school - but some how Aaron managed to lose his costume....  So he didn't have it to wear for the trunk or treat.  I went to Becca's in the morning and we worked on a desk for the dolls.  Then Dan got home in the afternoon.  There was band for Eileen and Volleyball practice for Anna, then we had dinner and headed over to the church for the trunk or treat.  We all had a great time - though the turn out wasn't as big as it usually is.  Aaron went "as himself" since he had lost his costume.  






Wednesday was the usual insanity.  School in the morning, piano practicing in the afternoon and choir, young women's, young men's, cub scouts in the evening.  Sister Cottrell stopped by to chat and hang out.  She had dinner with us and helped watch the kids while Dan was with the young men.  She is such a sweet lady!  

Thursday was a big day.  On Thursday, I became the mother of a teenager.  She is such an amazing young woman!  She had a flash cake and a wonder woman cake.  She blew out all the candles on the first try - no problem.  She was excited about her presents - a craft bag, kindle cover and some e-books from mom and dad, a really cute dress from grandma and grandpa Jones and a mermaid tail from grandma and grandpa Cox.  After we put the younger kids to bed, Dan and I watched the first Iron Man with Eileen - we are taking her through the Marvel movies one by one.  :)   



Friday was back to school and such as usual.  We watched The Incredible Hulk with Eileen at night.  She's been enjoying the movies so far! 

Saturday was crazy.  Eileen had flute.  The kids had piano lessons, Anna had Robotics, then in the afternoon, we all had to be out of the house for about 4 hours for a home inspection.  Dan and Anna were at Robotics.  I took the kids with my to get my fixed glasses, then we headed to the Zoo - Eileen went to the library instead.  We had a fun time running around and playing and David mostly cooperated. 

Sunday was great.  Dan and I talked to Eileen about not bringing her crochet bag to church as a way to try and get her to stop isolating herself from everyone else.  She was REALLY not happy with us, but it seemed to work.  She read scriptures during Sacrament meeting, and actually participated a bit more in Young Womens.  Choir was awesome this week - we had a great turn out and I'm getting really excited about how everything is sounding!  After, we headed to Doug's house to visit.  Julia is in town and Grandpa was back from Washington DC and getting his medal for his participation in the Philippine Scouts after WWII.  It was really neat to hear him talk about it and learn about what happened there.  He has done so much to try and share the stories so that those who fought can receive the recognition that they deserve. 


After we got home and had some dinner, Anna and David had fun playing with a balloon and David was just cracking up!!! So funny!

No comments: