Sunday, November 19, 2017

Almost Thanksgiving!

We've had a fairly typical busy week, with a couple exceptions.  Monday we had laundry to wash and fold, grocery shopping to do, Family Home Evening, plus Evie had her dentist appointment after school.  David has been hit or miss when it comes to sleeping through the night, so when he doesn't, I'm grateful for the chance to get in a bit of a nap before the kids get out of school!  We had a fun little family home evening lesson on the 4th Article of Faith. 

Tuesday was Stake Temple night, and the ward youth temple trip, so Eileen and Dan headed to the temple right after school for baptisms, then Dan and I met and switched off the baby so I could go do a session with Kay and Reggie.  It was a wonderful evening!  In the morning, I went over to Becca's, but she was so tired, that after a bit I headed out to let her get a nap and go run some errands. 

Wednesday was a normal Wednesday - Anna had a volleyball game that Dan and I went to watch before heading out to Choir for me and then Dan had a work dinner in the evening.  Choir went well and we had a great time!  Then as I was leaving chorale, I got a phone call from Dan's phone - but it was his friend Kris calling to let me know that Dan was ok - but that he had choked on some food and the ambulance had been called and he was being taken to the hospital.  So I met up with him and Kris there and we sat with him while the doctors tried to get the piece of food to move out of his esophagus and into his stomach.  We finally got out of the hospital a bit after midnight, then dropped Kris off and headed home. 


After an adventurous night, I told Dan that he couldn't go to work and that he had to stay home and rest.  And David and I were a bit tired too - so we all took it a bit easy.  After school, Eileen had a doctor's appointment and Aaron had drum lessons and Anna had volleyball.  

Friday was an easy going day mostly too, I had planned on going over to Becca's but she was feeling sick and I was exhausted, so we both stayed home and rested instead.  Anna had Volleyball and Robotics, then for the evening, we just took it easy.  

Saturday morning, Anna had a game bright and early - I got to go watch some of it before I had to switch off with Dan so he could take Eileen to flute lessons and I could stay with the younger kids for piano lessons.  After that, we got a quick lunch before Dan took Anna to Robotics and Evie to a birthday party.  Then they came home and we got a quick dinner for the kids before Dwayne and Nicole dropped their kids off for Eileen to babysit and the grown ups all went out for dinner - we met up with Jeremiah and Becca and Nate and Ally too - it was a fun night and great food and I came home STUFFED!  

Sunday we got to church early to get ready for the choir to perform in Sacrament meeting.  Eileen also had a talk to give.  Eileen did a great job on her talk despite being really nervous and hating public speaking.  The choir sounded great and it was a wonderful Sacrament meeting!  After, Kay stole David and so Dan and I went to enjoy Gospel Doctrine.  The lessons was wonderful - we talked about the analogy of putting on the whole armor of God and looked at how much we can learn from that analogy - it's amazing - all things truly denote that there is a God!!  After church, we went home for lunch and some nap time.  Then Dan made bread to take to all the families that he home teaches.  We finished our evening by watching the Face to Face with Elder Nelson and Elder Oaks.  It was wonderful!  Then we sent the kids to bed and Eileen and Dan and I played Killer Bunnies.  

No comments: