Sunday, October 22, 2017

Changes

This week has been long and tiring.  We are officially moving at the end of the year and as a result we have tons of stuff that needs to happen.  Much of this week was spent getting the house ready for pictures to prepare to list it for sale next week.  This week was also Spring Break for the kids, so it's been kinda crazy! 

Monday, we headed down to Colorado Springs to spend some time with Sister Cottrell.  We met up at her work and had lunch, then went downtown to see the Humpty Dumpty Statues - the kids got a kick out of them!  


After, we went to a mining museum and the kids had a lot of fun learning and panning for gold and doing a little scavenger hunt.  It was a great little museum - my favorite kind of museum - interesting, fun and cheap. :) 


David rolled over this week - but he only did it once.  I couldn't get him to repeat it.  :(  This was him thinking about doing it again. 


Wednesday was choir and activity days, and cub scouts and young men and young womens.  Busy night, as usual.  Thursday was the big push to get the house ready for pictures, then on Friday, the real estate agent came to take the pictures.  In the meantime, I took the kids to the Fall Festival at Nick's Garden Center to get them out of the way.  They had fun doing the maze and getting timed on it - and I had fun taking pictures of my cute kids! 


Now we are working at getting the kids into the habit of keeping the house clean so that it is ready to be seen at any time.  Saturday was busy with music lessons, robotics, grocery shopping, and such.  Dan and I went to go visit with Dwayne and Nicole for awhile and had a fun time! 

Today was wonderful, but hard.  It was the primary program Sunday.  Anna's last primary program.  The kids all did a great job!!  I got to substitute in Nursery with Kay and we had a fun time playing with Alec and chatting. 

After church, we had lunch, then ward choir, then back home to feed David and practice with Lydia, the I had to get ready and go to the Temple Workers devotional to sing with the choir.  The fireside was wonderful as it always is.  After was the hard part since it included telling Christina the we are moving.  I knew that would be hard for me - I knew that spending that much time thinking about how much I would miss singing with the Chorale would be hard - what I didn't anticipate was getting to see a sweet little couple who have been coming to Chorale concerts as long as I've been in the chorale - some of my earliest memories of Chorale Concerts include their beautiful smiling faces.  They are just some of the sweetest people ever.  After the fireside, I went to say hi and the husband told me that he had been practicing and was going to audition for the Chorale and sing with me.  At which point I lost it. 

No comments: