My mom came out and tried to help out, but was also stressing out trying to figure out what was going on with Grandma Penny. Dad was in Scotland and Pam was unable to travel, so my mom, unable to figure out what was going on, finally resolved on going out to Utah. Monday morning, we got snow, so in the evening, I hit Walmart and Goodwill for some winter gear for the kids.
Tuesday, she took the kids to school, then I went to Becca's for a bit, then I took my mom to the airport so she could go to Utah.
Tuesday, she took the kids to school, then I went to Becca's for a bit, then I took my mom to the airport so she could go to Utah.
Wednesday, with some help from the sweet amazing people in our ward, we managed to get kids to activities and me to choir. Evie also had a class event that day and I had to get an allergy shot. Evie's class was inviting parent to come see what the kids had been writing - Evie loved having David an I come and see her and talk to her!
Friday, was mostly just recovery - it really felt like a Saturday though! Anna still had Robotics, but otherwise, we had our day to ourselves to get stuff done, run some errands and such. My mom was supposed to get home Friday afternoon, but she ended up delaying her return until Saturday. In the evening, Eileen and Anna and I went to Natasha's bridal shower and had lots of fun!
Saturday was kinda insane. In the morning was flute and piano lessons, the robotics for Anna and the rest of the kids went to Tina's so Dan and I could to go the temple for Natasha's wedding. The wedding was so beautiful and wonderful! Being at weddings always makes me so grateful to be married to such an amazing guy!!! After, we got the kids and picked up my mom from the airport, then met up at the reception. The food was yummy and there was dancing after. Dan and I had lots of fun dancing with Evie and James and even a little bit of dancing together. Eileen and Anna complained that the music was too loud. :)
I am married to the most amazing guy in the world. After getting the kids all to bed and heading to bed, Dan and I realized that it was my mom's birthday on Sunday, and he went out at 11:00 at night to get a card and some flowers for her. My mom headed back to Texas early this morning.
Today was wonderful! Church was great and I got to do a musical number! David was mostly good - though James struggled a bit. Choir went well and then we had some fun and rest in the afternoon together.
on Friday, we gave the kids some news that they promptly spread to everyone that they talked to. We will be moving back to Texas at the beginning of the new year. The kids are alternately excited and sad about moving - and I guess I am too. Eileen told everyone she spoke to today at church, so the ward isn't happy with us... :( We will really miss all the amazing people we have come to know and love here.
No comments:
Post a Comment