This has been a fun week of changes. Monday started out normal enough, laundry to do, James to play with, kids at school. Dan had sold his car and was trying to make do with his motorcycle, so thankfully weather has mostly been good. James and I made a grocery store trip to get stuff for dinner. After the usual after-school bustle to get stuff done, Dan was awesome and came home a little early to help get dinner and the house ready for friends. We had the Wests over for dinner and cake and games. The food was all super yummy, the little birthday for Kay was fun and company was just awesome! We had a great family home evening together, then after a great evening, we settled down to fold laundry.
Tuesday, James' preschool group had a field trip instead of a normal preschool day. We went to the zoo and had a great time! Plus he was cute and cuddly and wanting to hold my hand the whole time which made it more fun. The afternoon was the usual and then in the evening, I had institute class which was wonderful as always!
Wednesday was a crazy day. I had to go in for the 3 hour glucose test at my OB-gyn. Dan and I were trying to figure out how to orchestrate this with just one car and my poor planning as to time and date. Finally, he just worked from home in the morning - dropped me off at my appointment in the morning, then went home and took the kids to school for late start, watched James and then came back to pick me up after the appointment and get us some lunch. The test was mostly uneventful. They drew blood, made me drink the nasty sugary drink stuff, then drew blood every hour for the next 3 hours. With no James - I spent my time crocheting and listening to podcasts. I felt fine all through the test - then during lunch the blood loss and lack of food since the night before plus the usual pregnancy fatigue caught up to me and I was not doing so well, so Dan continued to work from home and let me sleep until we had to get the kids from school. In the evening, I had choir as usual and once again, we struggled to make it all work with only 1 car and a motorcycle.
Thursday was the usual - preschool for James and the kids at school. I got to have a friend and her daughter come over for lunch which was lots of fun. Then I got a few texts from Dan - asking for a ride home from work, when I asked if something was wrong with the motorcycle, he explained that he had sold that too and oh by the way - we may need to get a new car this weekend. :) It turned out to be a good thing since later that afternoon - it began to rain hard. He wouldn't have wanted to ride the bike home in that anyway. We have been thinking about and planning on a new car for awhile, but things all seemed to come together for this to be the time.
Friday, I took Dan in to work in the morning and James and I mostly just took it easy at home. He colored, I crocheted and we chatted. After school, I picked up Dan from work, then we had an early dinner and Eileen babysat while we headed out to look at some used cars. We had mostly decided on what we wanted already, we just needed to look at the one we wanted and make sure it was right and give it a little test drive. So by the time we got home that night, we were the proud new owners of a mini cooper.
I think it was just the fun of a new car that made all the driving we had to do on Saturday bearable. In the morning, Dan took Aaron and Anna to Walmart to get presents for the birthday parties they were invited to. Eileen didn't have flute, but the kids still had piano lessons. Anna had a music festival at the mall where she was singing with her school choir, then she had a birthday party to go to, then Aaron had a birthday party to go to and of course, they both needed picking up after. :) In the evening, Dan and I went out to dinner with the Haights. We went to a Korean BBQ place that we'd been wanting to try. The food was great and we had a great time chatting and hanging out together with friends.
Today, Dan had meetings in the morning, then the kids and I got ready and met him at church for a wonderful Sacrament meeting. After, Dan headed to the airport for a quick overnight trip for a meeting. The kids headed off to Primary and Sunday School, and I headed to teach. Then during 3rd hour, I got to go to a teacher council meeting which was great. After church, we went home for lunch and some time together before heading back to the church for ward choir. Then we went back home to play some games and then eat dinner. After the younger kids went to bed, Eileen and Anna and I stayed up and crocheted together for a bit and had a fun time chatting and crocheting!
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment