Monday, we began our drive home. Dan had been gone for nearly 2 weeks by this point and was glad to go home at last. We stopped at Little America for lunch, then made a quick stop at Steve and Claire's - we wanted to say hi to Gene and Ann, but I did't want to spread my sickies (plus James was starting to get it too) around their house with a new baby coming soon. So we picked up some stuff we left last time, and got back on the road. We made a quick Wendy's stop for dinner since there was very little food in the house, then we got home, did scriptures and prayers and all went to bed!
Tuesday was our laundry day. James was not feeling great and went to bed as soon as we got home and slept in late the next day, so we took it easy and didn't go to preschool. Becca still came over though, and we had a fun time working on blankets. Baby Laura is really getting mobile now! By evening, I was wishing I could go to Institute, but I was still coughing like crazy and I was still dizzy and not wanting to spread the cold any further, so I stayed home and went to bed.
Wednesday was more of the same. James and I taking it easy and trying to get better and me skipping out on choir because I still didn't feel any better.
Thursday things were finally starting to feel like a different kind of icky - feeling more like stuff was changing and hopefully for the better. Aaron had cub scouts in the evening. James and I spent more time snuggling and resting.
Friday things finally seemed like they were on the upswing. I decided to attempt going to the tech rehearsal for the final Lamb of God performance. My voice wasn't full strength - but it was use-able. The rehearsal went well enough for me to be optimistic about the concert on Saturday.
Saturday morning started out with flute and piano lessons, plus the final practice for the Stake fireside. It went pretty well considering - everyone sounded wonderful! Then I went home and crashed for a bit before the concert that night. The final Lamb of God was wonderful! The place was beautiful and packed and the whole thing went as well for me as I could expect.
Today was wonderful - church was awesome - Fast and Testimony meeting was beautiful and lessons were wonderful! After, we had ward choir and then the Parables fireside. The whole fireside was beautiful. The spirit was strong - the church was full and singers and narrators did a wonderful job! It was so neat to get to do this amazing program again and with such talented people!
Sunday, April 9, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment