Sunday, February 5, 2017

Long Week

Monday morning, bright and early, Dan dropped the kids off at school, then headed home to pack and head out on a trip for work.  I spent the day playing with James and getting laundry done.  In the evening, the kids and I did a little family home evening lesson about being kind to others.  Then I sent the younger kids to bed and Eileen and I watched Bob Ross painting and folded some laundry.

Tuesday, I took the kids to school and then James had preschool and Becca came over to crochet with me.  Then I picked up James from preschool and we headed home for lunch and more crocheting and James showing off, then picking up the kids from school, followed by a busy afternoon of piano practicing and homework.  In the evening, Eileen babysat for me so I could go to Institute.  Class was wonderful.  It always amazes me how much I learn about scriptures I have read many times before!

Wednesday was late start day for the kids and last day of school for the week.  James got to go out for his birthday treat with Great Grandpa in the morning and had a wonderful time - he was so excited!   After school, we headed home to get the stuff done that needed to be done.  Then one of the wonderful sisters from our ward who used to teach Evie's primary class babysat the kids for me so I could go to choir.  She is just the sweetest lady and the kids love her.  I headed to choir and had a great time singing and seeing friends again.

Thursday, the kids were off school and spent most of the morning just playing and enjoying the beautiful weather.  Aaron had an orthodontist appointment and got braces put on - our first kid to get braces.  He got brackets on the front two teeth with the promise of more to come when the teeth grow in a bit more.  He was pretty excited about them.  The kids spent the afternoon getting piano done and doing a little bit of cleaning.



Friday, I told the kids we could go somewhere if they got stuff cleaned up.  They managed to get it done by lunchtime, so we ate a quick lunch, then headed to the Wings Over the Rockies museum.  The kids enjoyed it - especially once they found the kids area, though at first they were a little disappointed by the fact that some of the displays were different than the last time we were there.  All in all - they had a fun time and it wasn't too tiring for me.  Then in the evening, the littles went to bed while Eileen and Anna and I mostly just relaxed until bed time.







Saturday, we mostly spent the day excitedly waiting for daddy to come home.  We had flute lessons and piano lessons in the morning, then lunch and then I rested while the kids played - I wasn't feeling too great.  Dan managed to get home just in time for family scriptures study and prayers and to send the kids off to bed.  Then he went to an early bed time while I prepared my lesson.  In preparing for my lessons, I found a book on our bookshelves that I had wanted to read for awhile and that was especially appropriate to the lesson topic.  'Reflections of a Scientist" was a wonderful read and prompted lots of food for thought.  

Sunday morning we had church bright and early.  Getting out of the house got a little stressful this week - I think next week we need to get the kids started a bit earlier.  Church was wonderful!  After church we went home for lunch, followed by choir, then home again for a bit before heading back to a quick practice for the Stake Fireside this spring.  I really need to shake this cold and get my singing voice back!  We had a sweet sister that Dan home teaches over for dinner, then his companion (one of the young men) joined us after for a little lesson and scripture study and prayers.  It was a wonderful evening with wonderful people!  

No comments: