This past week has been wonderful in so many ways! Monday was a pretty typical Monday, the kids had school, James and I took care of some errands, we did laundry and grocery shopping, the kids did homework and piano practicing.
Tuesday, James had preschool and I had a doctors appointment, then after the appointment, I got to hang out with Becca. After school was the usual kids stuff and family stuff, plus Anna had an orthodontist appointment which was a rough afternoon for her. She had a hard time getting the new one in and totally broke down in the office. Dan and I watched the election stuff happening most of the evening.
Wednesday was late start for the school kids, and James and I took it easy at home. After school was the usual plus a dentist appointment for Evie. Then Young Mens/Young Womens, choir, cub scouts and activity days.
Thursday was the big day!! James had preschool in the morning, and then after school, we picked up the kids and Julie, then Julie watched the younger kids and Eileen, Dan and I went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. It has been a long time since we have done baptisms, and getting to do them with Eileen was such a special experience. She was so excited and happy to be there that she wanted to write her feelings down and she wanted to go back again as soon as possible! It was so neat to be there with her - to share the peace that can be found there and to spend time serving the Lord and our ancestors. After this wonderful experience, Dan and I started talking about a way to get her to the temple every month. The plan is to pick a day each month where one of us will drive her (and whatever of the beehives also want to come) to the temple after school for them to do baptisms. Thursday was truly one of the most wonderful days of my life. Especially with all the stress and anger and ugliness going on after the election - being able to escape to a true refuge from the storm and to be there with some of the people I love most was a wonderful thing!
Friday James and I hung out while the older kids were at school, then after school, I dropped Eileen off with all the kids but Anna to take her to a doctor's appointment. She has been really tired lately and we want to try to figure out why. The poor girl had lots of blood drawn and came home exhausted. We took it easy that night and she went to bed early.
Saturday was the usual busy - flute lessons, piano lessons, grocery shopping, cleaning the house to get ready for Sunday, preparing lessons and all sorts of good things.
Sunday was fast Sunday, and it was wonderful - getting to listen to testimonies and wonderful lessons was awesome! In the evening, we had a great time chatting with Grandma and Grandpa Jones and Grandpa Cox. In the evening, Dan pulled out some boxes with old memorabilia looking for something and ended up looking through the stuff with Eileen and I looking on and laughing with him
No comments:
Post a Comment