This week was full of family fun and cooking and eating yummy food! Monday and Tuesday the kids still had school, so it was a normal busy school day. Piano practicing and reading and such, but no homework. James didn't have preschool on Tuesday, so I took him with me to my doctor's appointment. All is well - and James charmed the whole staff as usual. I had blood drawn so I was a bit tired the rest of the day.
On Wednesday, Dan went to work in the morning, then came home in the afternoon and I took Eileen to a dentist appointment and then he took Eileen to the temple. We spent some time getting the house cleaned up and nice looking. Anna was a super kitchen helper - she helped with the spinach dip, she helped make the pumpkin chiffon pies and she helped make the rolls.
Thursday was the last of the cooking and taking it easy during the day. Dan went and played in the ward Turkey Bowl in the morning, while the rest of us slept in, then in the evening we headed over to Stuart and Rebecca's for Thanksgiving. Dinner was wonderful, company was wonderful. You hear about other people dreading time with all the extended family during the holidays - but I love it - I love my immediate family and all our extended family on both sides and I love getting together with them!
Friday was spent cleaning up our Thursday messes, playing together and then in the evening, we had Jeremiah and Becca, Newell and Becky and their kids and Natasha and her boyfriend Eldon over for a leftover dessert night. We all snacked and ate and helped finish off some of the desserts. Then we played some games for a bit before people had to go home.
Saturday the weather was lovely and Dan was ambitious. He started early on working outside to build a little covering for the bikes on the side of the house. Then I did some grocery shopping while he took the kids to the park, then we did an early dinner of hot dogs around the campfire with s'mores for dessert and then we played a bit of Dungeons and Dragons with the kids. Then the littles went to bed and the older kids watched a show and Dan and I ate a non-hot dog dinner. Then we played a little Maple Story. I am happy because I managed to get back on my old account and got my original characters back!
Today was wonderful. Sacrament meeting was great - the talks were wonderful and the choir got to sing. Sunday School was great - I love teaching my Sunday School class and I hope that they learn and feel the spirit. Relief Society was also great - there was a great lesson on faith and testimony and then after the younger kids went home with Dan and Eileen and I went to choir. After choir we had dinner, then played games together. Eileen and Anna and Dan and I got to have our weekly scripture discussion - it is so neat getting to talk about the scriptures and the gospel with the girls!
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment