I can't believe that the school year is almost over. The kids have been busy with all the end of year fun and James and I have just been busy with our normal stuff.
Monday was the usual, we had a fun family home evening lesson and a got the usual shopping and laundry done, and Payton came and played as usual. I took Eileen out with me for a quick trip to Goodwill and Walmart to get her some new pants and PJ's - all her's are getting too short. It's crazy how big she is getting so fast - she is starting to look more like a young woman and less like a girl.
Tuesday, James had preschool during the day and then we had Payton over after. While James was at preschool, I picked up a food order for a friend from the Bishop's Storehouse. It was a neat experience to see how it's done and I was so grateful that she let me help her in this little way. After school, Anna had her dentist check up, Evie was being beastly, so I let Eileen stay at the house and get her piano and flute done instead of having to come along and listening to Evie's tanturm.
Wednesday was late start for the kids school, after dropping them off, I picked up Nicole and Tayanna and we headed for the Museum. Nicole agrees with my philosophy of not telling the kids where we are going until we get there so they don't throw a tantrum, so she had only told Tayanna that they were going on an adventure, so Tayanna decided that McDonalds would be a good adventure, but was understanding when we told her today was a different adventure, and she could go to McD's another time. The kids both had a blast at the Museum. James loves that place - no matter how many times we go. After school, Eileen had her dentist appointment, and then in the evening, Dan and Aaron headed to the church for their stuff.
Thursday was Dan's birthday. He took the morning off, but James had preschool, I had some errands to run and he was getting some work done around the house, so I didn't get to see much more of him than usual. After preschool, we picked up Payton and had lunch at the park. Dan joined us and we met up with our friends the Reese's. The boys all had so much fun playing together, and they did not want to leave. After school was piano lessons, I made Dan's cake and after, Dwayne and Nicole came over bringing Dan's birthday dinner - Dwayne's YUMMY chicken curry. The kids first was reaction was that it looked gross - but then they tasted it and realized how good it was!
Thursday and Friday were immersion for the kids at school. Friday, I went in with James to help out for Anna and Aaron's Hogwarts End of Year Feast. The parents really outdid them selves and we all had a lot of fun. Then I got to watch them play "Quidditch" which was really fun to watch, then we got to see the house cup awarded to Anna and Aaron's Slytherin house. They all had a blast! After school
Friday, evening, the boys headed up to the Father/Son camp out. They had a great time getting wet and playing around - so much so that Aaron got to stay up way past his bed time! Then Saturday morning, they headed home. The girls and I had some favorite food, cleaned up a bit then watched movies until bedtime. Eileen got her house up and watched Star Trek then I hustled her and Anna (who wasn't asleep yet) to bed.
Saturday started out with getting up around 8 so we could get Eileen to her flute lesson - this was apparently too much for Anna to handle because she spent the better part of the day thinking that I was the worst mommy in the whole world. Then she managed to get a little nap in and felt better. I let Eileen watch the girls while I went to my camp meeting and then after that we had lunch and started getting everything ready for Dan's surprise party. The party went great - we had a great turn out and the food was great. The kids had lots of fun playing with their friends. Then Dan and I did a minimalist clean up after getting the kids to bed - we both were tired with sore feet, and headed to bed.
Sunday morning came a bit too soon, but it was still a wonderful day. Church was awesome. The talks were wonderful - my lesson would have been a lot better if I hadn't been so scatter brained as to leave half of my lesson at home... Oh well - maybe we will start next week out with that... Relief Society was great and after church, choir was wonderful. Weather has been amazing, so we walked to and from church. Then Dan gave the kids motor cycle rides and we had dinner and sent the kids to bed - they (especially James) were tired and cranky and needed sleep and getting back to a routine. Oh wait - school is ending and it's time to throw routines out the window... oh well!
No comments:
Post a Comment