Monday, May 2, 2016

Half a World Away

We had a crazy busy week.  Getting ready for Dan to be gone takes some prep work!  Monday was laundry and grocery shopping as usual.  Eileen and Anna had needle arts club after school and Payton came to play with us.  James and I also made a Costco trip after taking Payton to preschool in the morning.  

Tuesday James and I had his preschool field trip in the morning, then in the afternoon, we went to the park with some friends.  Eileen and Anna had choir after school - they are getting excited for their big concert next week!  

Wednesday the kids had late start, then James and I went to the Teddy Bear Picnic special story time at the library - it was a little chilly - but not too bad and James had a blast.  After school Eileen and Anna had orthodontist appointments.  Anna got her retainer and is slowly getting used to how it feels and talking with it.  They mostly just looked at Eileen's mouth and said "yep - your teeth got pulled - now we gotta wait and see if your other teeth move into place."which was kinda what we expected.  In the evening, Eileen and Anna had Activity Days, Aaron had Cub Scouts, Dan had Young Men's and I had choir.  

Thursday was again, crazy busy.  Preschool for James, then picking up Payton, then piano lessons, then Evie had her 1st grade music night, followed by getting the basement cleaned up and the kids to bed before I headed to Institute.  

Friday morning, really really early, Dan headed out of town to Korea.  I went and got my allergy shot, then after lunch, James and I headed to the school for Eileen's "Author's Tea" where we got to eat cookies and drink water - and best of all, we got to see Eileen's awesome book that she wrote and got published through her class.  We had lots of fun, then headed home after to wait for Grandma to arrive.  My mom drove up from Texas to help out while Dan is gone, she had hoped to be on time for Eileen's thing, but she hit some really bad weather on the way up.  It snowed Friday, Saturday and some of today.  It barely stuck at all up here, but it was falling constantly.  



Saturday mornng, Eileen had flute lessons, and we spent some time getting the house cleaned up and nice.  My mom brought their new puppy up with her and the kids have been loving having another puppy around - and Koopa had been loving having him around too.  They play together all day and then get exhausted and collapse to rest before the next bout of play.  Evie and James were having fun being silly - so they wanted pictures taken.  My silly kiddos!  



Church today was awesome!  Fast and Testimony meeting was wonderful.  Sunday school was great - I hope the students got as much out of my lesson as I did.  And Relief Society was wonderful too!  After, was choir which was great and then when Eileen and I got home from choir, Grandma and the younger kids already had dinner started for us!  We spent the afternoon resting and playing and then cleaning.  We got to talk to Dan for a bit and he showed us a bit about where he is (we Face Timed) and it was fun to talk to him and see the diversity that is Korea!
Now I'm kinda ready for the next week...

No comments: