This week I've been running around like crazy just trying to keep up with everything. Monday was laundry and groceries as usual, James' friend Payton over in the morning and afternoon, and Eileen and Anna starting up with Needle Arts Club.
Tuesday was preschool for James. It is at our house right now. The kids were great, we talked about water safety and the kids were great, but it's always rather exhausting! Then Payton came over, the girls had choir after school and then the usual homework and piano practicing.
Wednesday was crazy. After dropping the kids off for late start, I headed over to my friend's house to take her and her son to the hospital for his surgery, then James and I headed home. After picking the kids up from school, I headed home and Crystal came over to practice our musical number. She sounded wonderful and didn't need extra practice, but it was probably good that she wanted it, because I'm not the best piano player and it was good for Eileen to practice her flute part. In the evening, Aaron had his Blue and Gold and got some awards! He just LOVES cub scouts!
I had choir, but Dan didn't have YM since their activity was on Thursday this week.
Thursday was preschool again, then in the afternoon, the kids had piano lessons and Dan went with the Young Men to the Ward Temple Night. I spent the evening at home with the kids cooking! I was trying to get as much ready as possible for my Pride and Prejudice Party on Saturday.
Friday I spent more time getting things ready and Dan helped get things set up. Dan took the day off to help too. In the afternoon, I went to the Temple with Crystal and then we grabbed some dinner at CPK on the way home. After I got home, Dan and I had one of his friends from work over with his wife for games. We had fun playing and chatting with them.
Saturday was totally nuts. Eileen had a meeting at school in the morning, then Dan went to Brother Braun's viewing for a bit, then I had a girls camp meeting at 10, then Eileen had flute lessons at 11, then I met up with Crystal at 1 to rehearse again for the baptism at 2. The musical number went well. I didn't mess up too bad, Crystal sang beautifully, Eileen played well and the only problem was the Eileen was polishing her flute and mouthing the words during the song.... Dan and I had a talk with her after about proper etiquette for that situation, then Dan asked her why she thought she was supposed to look at the singer. Eileen's response? "To make them feel uncomfortable?" Then we headed home and began setting up and finishing food prep for the party! Dan got the projector ready and helped me get the food out and set up, then took the kids and the puppy and headed for Dwayne and Nicole's house. We had around 15 people here. Tina came and Becky and Becca came along with a bunch of friends from the ward. We had a great spread of food and we all had a blast watching Pride and Prejudice for 6 hours and eating lots of yummy food! Turns out we had just the right amount of food - not too many left overs, but plenty for everyone! Now I just need to plan another one! :)
Sunday was the usual crazy, church, choir, stake choir and fun with kids and then to bed!
Sunday, February 21, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment