James and I have been sick all week. Mostly it's just made him tired and cranky, well I guess that's mostly what it's done to me too... He's been coughing alot, Dan's been coughing and a bit congested, Aaron's been a bit coughy and congested and I've been so congested that my whole head is throbbing, my teeth ache and I've got a sinus headache.... Monday morning, I took my friend and her son down for a doctor's appointment in Colorado Springs, her car had broken down and she needed to get to this appointment for her son. She was really sweet and took us to lunch after. We got back just in time to drop her and her sweet son off, then head over to pick up Evie and Aaron from school. Eileen and Anna got picked up after needle arts club, then I had to try and get as much laundry done as possible. FHE with an awesome lesson by Anna and grocery shopping finished the day off.
Tuesday was supposed to be preschool, but with 2 sick people here, we cancelled it, and James and I rested most of the morning, I let him play on my tablet to help him rest a bit. :) Payton still came over in the afternoon before we picked up the kids from school. Mostly we just tried to take it easy.
Wednesday mostly ended up being the same. James and I just rested and watched Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood. In the evening, Dan didn't have YM again on Wednesday, so he took Aaron to cub scouts and Eileen and Anna to activity days while I went to choir. I sat out in the pews though, instead of with the choir so I didn't infect everyone. It was really neat to sit out there and hear from a different perspective.
Thursday James and I met up with the other preschool kids and their parents for a field trip to Chick-fil-A. The kids had a blast playing on the kids play area and hanging out with friends. James was especially happy to get out of the house after being cooped up for 2 days straight. After we walked over to Hobby Lobby to look around and have fun. James picked out some fabric for me to make use to make things for him. After picking the kids up from school, they had piano lessons and then we had to rush over to the school for the 4th and 5th grade music performances for the girls. Eileen and Anna did well - Eileen played her flute very well, and Anna did an awesome job on her recorder. They are so talented! After, we headed home, did scriptures, then I headed to the church building for Institute. I think the lesson went well. I love studying the Old Testament!
Friday we had the twin 2 year olds of some friends over. They have a new baby and I thought they might like to have a few hours of time with just the new baby. They were good little kids, mellow and willing to eat anything. Thankfully weather was nice, because they were happy to roam the back yard all day, I just had to watch them carefully since they were both a bit prone to putting things in their mouth - things like dirt and sand and chalk and dirty snow.... :) James was so good and helpful and sweet until about 11 at which point he got sent to his room, then fell fast asleep. He slept until the twins went home and I had to wake him up to get the kids from school. After school, the kids had to clean up and get everything done so that they could watch a movie with the sitter. They got a babysitter and Dan and I got to go to the local high school's production of "Ragtime" The musical was really well done. The orchestra was almost as good as some professional groups I've sung with, and the actors/singers all did an amazing job. After, Dan and I stopped at Village Inn for dinner/dessert.
Sunday was crazy. The kids and I walked to church in the morning (and home again after) church was wonderful! After, was ward choir and stake choir, followed by dinner and bedtime. Dan is so sweet and supportive of all my music insanity. My sinus headache hit a high point today, I spent most of the day with a pounding headache and sinus pressure so bad that my teeth hurt, now I'm ready for bed!
Here's a pic of my silly boys wanting a silly picture. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment