Sunday, January 18, 2015

Visitors!

Monday we had the pleasure of having Sandi and Jon and Taz and Kai come to visit us for a few days.  James and I picked them up from the airport and headed home for lunch and laundry and to get them settled in.  They came to talk to Dan about a programming project that they want to put in motion - to flesh out the ideas and get an idea of time frames and all that fun stuff.  But we got to enjoy playing and hanging out with them for a few days because of it - so YEY!  

We used our museum pass to head to the museum for a day of fun - we packed lunches and everything.... after we had been there for half an hour, the whole museum lost power.  They herded us in to sunlight areas of the museum to await the solution to the problem.  The solution ended up being that they shut down and evacuated the building.  We walked around outside and decided we could brave the zoo - so we headed over there and the kids had a blast!  


We went to the tropical discovery area (because it's a large indoor area and Kai had no coat) and the kids loved all the fish and frogs.  The kids had fun sneaking up on a peacock and managed to not scare it too badly.  The day was nice - a little chilly to be outside for a long time, but there were enough indoor areas to make it still a nice place to be.  We headed up to get the rest of the kids from school, then spent the afternoon playing.  


The kids all had a blast at home together too - but especially James and Taz.  They are at the age and both big enough, and close enough in age that they got along great.  They had a blast together!!  I'm so glad my kids have cousins that they can play with.  Sandi and I didn't ever have cousins our age as kids - I'm so glad my kids do!  Dan took Wednesday off to work on the program and work with Jon.  They started the morning off nicely by going to a gourmet donuts shop and getting us all breakfast.  Sandi and I tried to take the kids to the library for story time and get them out from under Jon and Dan's feet.  They had a great time - our library is good for little kids.  

Here's a massive doggie pile - I think Dan is under there somewhere.....  


I just loved this picture of James and Kai in a little plastic tub, playing together.


Sandi and Jon had to head back home on Thursday afternoon.  We're glad they came and hope to be able to have them out here again soon!

Thursday night, Anna had her class music concert.  She sang beautifully!  Sorry for the bad picture - I forgot my camera... this was a phone picture.


Saturday was busy - Eileen had flute lessons, I had a baby shower, Aaron was getting his 7 year old pictures taken, and around all of that, I did a purge on the girls room.  We cleaned off everything - the floor, the desks, the dressers, the beds (kinda) and sorted through it - threw away 3 big bags of garbage and now mommy is happy with an organized and neat room!  After all that hard work - we had a pizza party!  We had pizza and watched "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" I loved that movie as a kid and wanted to watch it with my kids.  They LOVED it.  I don't know that I have ever heard them laugh so hard at a movie!

Church today was wonderful!  We had a couple of just amazing talks today.  We had some cranky kids, but somehow I still managed to hear and be uplifted by the talks.  After church, we had choir practice and Eileen tried out the flute part with the choir.  She is working so hard on it - I hope we can have it ready by next week.  I also got another calling today - I'll talk about it more next week when I'm actually called - but I'm so excited about this that I've been grinning ear to ear about it all day - it's something I've been wanting to do as long as we've been in family wards!!!

No comments: