So I bought myself a new planner - partially to help me remember what is going on for the week (there's something about writing it down with a pencil that helps me remember better than putting it in my phone) and partially to help me remember while I'm blogging, what I did. The new planner really got put to the test this week....
Monday morning after the older kids went to school, James and I went for me to get my allergy shot done, then spent the rest of the day doing laundry, grocery shopping and making the kids do their homework, piano and reading. Also, we are still trying to potty train. Which meant that Monday was also full of accidents, and clothing changes and sitting in a bathroom for little to no reason....
Tuesday was much calmer... We had some friends come over and play with us while their mommy went to the temple. The kids had lots of fun together - but they did require some attention to keep them out of trouble! After their mom (Niki) came back and had lunch with me. Then we had to go get the big kids from school - and the usual battle of getting stuff done set in. Tuesday also happened to be Evie's birthday! My little girl is already 5 years old! She is so funny and so sassy and independent - but in some ways she is still a little girl - she still will snuggle with me and still throws massive fits over everything. We made cupcakes for her and she got to open her presents. She just loves them - she carries them around everywhere! Also my Visiting Teachers came over in time for a cupcake!
Wednesday was when things really got nuts.... I dropped the kids off for late-start Wednesdays and then went to the library with James. After that, we headed over to get my allergy shot done, then home for lunch, followed by picking up the kids for school just in time to try and get them to get their stuff done before we had to leave for Parent/Teacher conferences. Dan and I hit 4 teachers in a little over an hour and then we went home just in time for me to leave for Choir. The kids are doing well in school - it seems like Aaron has a bit of trouble keeping focused sometimes because he is too distracted by the girls he sits near....
Thursday I took James to a dentist appointment - he got his teeth checked and got a new tooth brush which made him very happy - he was easy going and polite, but not very helpful! :) Then we had to get home so James' little friend Addie could get dropped off. Then I went to the school to get the kids and they came home for Piano lessons.
Friday, James and I headed out for another Allergy shot, followed by doing some visiting teaching, then picked up Heather and headed home in time for Addie to be dropped off. The kids ate lunch, Heather and I made more wedding plans, then I dropped her off before I picked up the kids from school. The kids had to make a mad dash at getting homework done again before we could all head over to the yearly school carnival. The kids had a blast and came home all sugared up and crashed hard!
Saturday was even crazier than the rest of the week. Dan and I got up early (for us) to go to the temple, then we headed home, I dropped off the sitter, then headed to a baby shower for my friend Marie. After the baby shower, I went home and Dan and I took apart the girls bed to sell to a nice couple who came to get it for their daughter and her kids. Then I mowed the lawn, Dan went and got the new beds for the girls and he set those up while I got a wedding gift and then headed off to a wedding reception. I finally got home around 8:30 - just in time to put the kids to bed and make cookies for the primary kids. I finally got to bed around 11:30 - totally exhausted! The best part of all about Saturday though was the fact that James went through the whole day with out having an accident!!
Today was the primary program at church - it went really well and was really sweet! The kids are so cute and they did such a good job - but apparently they used up all their good behavior during the program, because they were crazy for the last 2 hours of church! And best of all, James duplicated the no accidents! We still have to tell him to go about once every 2 hours - but once we sit him down, he goes and then he's good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment