That's right - James seems to have gotten it - he wears his underwear to bed and naps even and does just fine - he is telling me when he needs to go potty and had been accident free all week! He's even done well with going in public restrooms. Dan and I are throwing out the stinky diaper pail!!!! For the first time in almost 10 years, I don't have a kid in diapers.
What makes James' success with the potty even more remarkable is that he did it while managing to keep up with an incredibly busy schedule.
Monday was the usual allergy shot, laundry, groceries. Plus Eileen had another Orthodontist appointment in the afternoon. (By the way - I did lousy at taking pictures this week...sorry)
Tuesday, James and I went to help a Sister in our ward pack up her house to move. Then in the evening I got to go visiting teaching!
Wednesday was late start, library, allergy shot and choir. All the ladies at the clinic love James - as I was leaving one day - I said to one of them on the way out "Thank you much!" and James of course copied me - which was followed by a chorus of female "Awwwwww"s He's generally so perky and happy when he's there - he's charmed them all!
Thursday morning, Dan left for Boston. James and I went to help the same Sister with some more packing - then picked up the kids for piano lessons.
Friday, I dropped the kids off at school and then went to get my allergy shot for the day, then I headed out to the airport to pick up my Mom! The kids were so excited to see her! James even told us as we were walking around the grocery store "Mommy, I like Grandma!" which made her day.
Saturday, Eileen had flute lessons and then Grandma took the kids to a movie - We all loaded up on popcorn and watched "How to Train Your Dragon 2" The kids had a lot of fun, and mommy and Grandma didn't pull ALL their hair out. Then in the evening, I took Eileen and Anna to the Women's General Broadcast. It was wonderful! We got to see friends and chat and the conference was just amazing!
Today, after church, I had Stake choir practice, which I had to leave early to go to the Chorale's performance at the Temple Worker's Devotional which was also wonderful!
Aaron wasn't feeling well today and stayed home from church with my mom and slept most of the time - he was running a fever, but hopefully he's on the mend now. But Anna was throwing up tonight, so it's starting to look like I will have a couple kids home sick with me tomorrow....
Sunday, September 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment