Sunday, February 2, 2014

Snow, snow and more snow!

We have gotten a good deal of snow this week - which has made the roads a bit treacherous and has mostly kept the kids indoors.  I'm looking forward to a few days of sunshine and letting the kids run outside! 

Tuesday, I dropped Evie off at preschool and then decided to take James to the mall play area and was surprised and happy to run into almost every other kid in our nursery and their moms.  We both had a great time with friends - running around and chatting! 

Wednesday started off with a trip to the library - but unfortunately Nicole's kids were sick, so we had to go on our own - thankfully, we still got to run into friends there for chatting with and playing with.  Then of course the day ended with choir. 

Thursday was the beginning of the snow - weather turned cold and mushy Thursday evening - the girls had their school music night - so we got to listen to them sing - they even both had little solos - not too surprising, since they both have lovely voices and can sing the notes right, but it was wonderful to hear and see!  They did great!!

I tried to get some videos too - but had some trouble figuring out my camera :)  I did get Eileen's solo recorded, but it's on a rather long video that I'm having trouble uploading.  They both did an amazing job though!


Friday night, we had the Haight's over for dinner - we had a great time with them - and the kids all had a blast together too!  

Saturday was nice and crazy, I took Anna down to a birthday party and went and ran some errands down in that part of town while I was out - I took Evie with me because she insisted that she really did want to sit in the car and do nothing, instead of playing at home.... Evie had her second round of testing at Quest in the afternoon and then in the evening, Aaron's friend Ethan and his mom came over to play for a bit.  

Sundays are always crazy - but since it was Fast Sunday, we had no choir practice, so there was one less thing going on today!  Plus they got a primary chorister called, so soon I will be done subbing there - so one less thing to do on Sundays.  

James is at a fun age - he learns new things every day - today when he saw a picture of a cow he pointed at it - said "COW"  and proceeded to pucker up his lips and say "Mmmmmmmoooo"   One of these day's I'll get a picture of it - cuz it's so cute and funny, but it's hard to catch since he's usually in my lap when he's doing it. 

No comments: