Sunday, January 26, 2014

In Which Mommy's Computer is STILL NOT FIXED

Yep - again... last night I came home and sat down at my computer and the monitor wouldn't turn on - the computer still sounded like it was running, but nothing would show up on the screen - and the computer wouldn't turn off to restart... So it's looking like twice now we have sent my computer in to be fixed and twice now they have fixed the result of the problem, but not the cause of it.   Sigh..... So I will try and add pictures later, but for now I'm typing this on my tablet....

Dan got back into town on Monday morning, we picked him up from the airport then since the kids had the day off school for MLK Jr. Day we all went to the Museum of Nature and Science. We all had a great time - The kids always want to see more than we have time for when we go there - so it's nice to be able to say - we have a season pass - we'll come back soon (THANK YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA JONES!!!!!). I got some fun pictures, but I will have to add them later...

James' birthday was this week - it was on Thursday, but we celebrated on Friday.  Dwayne and Nicole and family came over and we had dinner and cupcakes.  James had a blast opening presents and reading his new books, but he had a bit of a fever and was kinda tired.  Friday night I went out to pick up a wedding present and when I came home (when he should have been asleep) he was up screaming - so I picked him and and snuggled him for a bit and he just lay on my shoulder and at one point he started rubbing his ear, so Saturday morning we took him in to the doctor and sure enough he had a double ear infection.  So he is now on antibiotics - still running a bit of a fever and really tired and out of it - but he slept a lot better last night, so hopefully the pain is going away.  He and daddy stayed home from church so mommy could do singing time and choir - but when we got him up for dinner and medicine, he was acting a lot more normal.  Poor James got to spend his birthday weekend sick though :(

Saturday we were invited to a wedding, we didn't want to leave a sick baby with a babysitter though, so I took Anna as my date and we went.  The wedding was lovely and we had a great time chatting with friends.  I think Anna also had a blast being out with just Mommy :).  Mommy kept her out too late though cuz she was tired and cranky today :)

Otherwise our week was pretty normal - school, preschool, laundry, errands, piano lessons, library, work, etc.  Poor Dan has been worked to near exhaustion (especially with a crank baby waking us up at night) thankfully he won't be traveling again for a month. 

No comments: