Sunday, June 23, 2013

Home Again... kinda!

Well early Monday morning, we packed up and headed home.  Our first two days were mostly spent packing, doing laundry, running errands and settling back into life.  After that, I started trying to implement my summer plan!  

Here are the kids in the car, ready to head home!  


The kids are putting together "Summer Fun Passports"  It's basically a notebook that is going to have a page for all the things we do this summer - and the page will have a photo and a ticket (if there is one)  and their favorite part of it - so we had fun starting it this week and doing some of our pages from our time in Texas.

Friday, I picked up a friend from my Freshman year at BYU - from the airport.  Then we met up with a bunch more of our Dorm floor friends and headed up to the cabin for a weekend getaway.  We spent a great couple of days hiking, playing games, walking around Breckenridge, and of course lots of chatting - reminiscing, catching up and uplifting.  It was wonderful to be with a set of women who are all trying their best to be good moms, good wives, and good disciples of Christ.  We shared stories, experiences and lessons learned.  It was wonderful!  These ladies are wonderful and I'm so glad we could do this, and soooo looking forward to next time!  I came back spiritually and emotionally refreshed (now if only I hadn't had allergy issues all weekend....)


As much fun as we had, I am glad to be home with my wonderful family!  My sweet boys!  I just love how James is looking up to his big brother here.



We got to watch the incredible Leadership conference tonight - it was just AMAZING!  such a powerful spirit, such incredible messages and such a neat experience!  

No comments: