And yes - as I type that title, I can't help sing the Beatles song.... We have had some beautiful weather for the last few days!!! We got a bit more snow this week, but soon it all melted (including our big old snow man - prompting many renditions of "Once there was a Snowman") and we have been enjoying days with highs in the 60's and lows in the 50's - we have been having a blast playing in the back yard, working in the back yard - running around and riding bikes!
Friday was the Colorado Mormon Chorale's first Easter concert - it went really well! I really enjoy singing with the group - often I have people who hear that I sing with the group and wonder how I manage - but really it's my escape - it provides me with a place to go be an adult and do what i love for a couple hours a week and to do it in a way that spreads the gospel message to all who hear it and brings me home almost as refreshed and ready for the next day as Church does.
Saturday, our ward had a luau - we all got dressed up with our sarongs and flowers and went for food and fun. The primary kids did some Hawaiian dances and were so cute!!! Evie was so funny to watch, since she really didn't know what was going on, so she stood there for the first half and just stared, then she realized that she was supposed to be dancing and she started dancing (but always a step behind of course) So here we are - all us girls in our Hawaiian get-up.
Here are the boys lined up for their dance - they did an awesome job! Aaron's favorite part was at the end where they all jumped off the stage.
And Dan and James - James found a ball early on and spent the whole night chasing it. You can't tell from the picture, but Dan is wearing the sarong that he got from his parent's when they came back from Malaysia - he got lots of comments about wearing a skirt - but we all had fun getting dressed up and hanging out with friends!
Sunday, March 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment