Well - the weather got beautiful and sunny and we were loving being outside and playing in the sun and it was really starting to feel like spring..... then starting Friday night, and going through most of Saturday, we lost out back yard again under 6-7 inches of snow. We do need the moisture and the snow is beautiful.... but I am ready for spring!!!! Especially since Spring Break starts tomorrow. Dan and I got our Tax Rebate check and used it to get a play set for the back yard - we planned to have friends over to help get it built on Saturday so that the kids could spend all of spring break outside playing on it - instead it's sitting in boxes in our garage..... Eileen braved the snow (which is already turning slushy under warmer weather) and made herself an ice castle - it's a mini ice castle..... but she is very proud of it :)
Our week has been busy with piano lessons, choir concerts and family fun. On Monday for Family Home Evening, we had the missionaries over for dinner and Dwayne and Nicole's family over for dinner also - we talked about the gospel with them and sent them home with a Book of Mormon! It was a fun and wonderful evening!
Friday was my final Easter concert with the Chorale - the concerts this season went so well and were so much fun - we had a brass quartet play with us and it added so much to the performance - it felt like one of our most solid concerts (at least that I've been in!)
Saturday, we spent the whole day cooking and cleaning - however our house is now clean (even after 2 days it's still mostly clean) It's so nice to have it looking good again! I had a bit of a talk with Anna, who was throwing a tantrum about hating to clean, about how cleaning is just part of life and how she had better get used to it since she will be doing it for the rest of hers - and she certainly spent all day Saturday doing it. I know I was no better as a kid - but I keep hoping that this time when I tell them to put their dirty clothes in the clothes hamper, that maybe, just maybe, they will do it.
Today was exhausting, as usual, I got a new calling - I think it's my 4th since we have been in this ward (which is just about a year and a half) but I will probably be in this one for a while. The bishopbric offered the calling to me over a month ago - but between Stake Conference, a Snow Day with no church at the building, and the necessary time needed for calling counselors, I was just sustained and set apart today as the primary president. This should be an adventure - but one I'm nervously looking forward to. I've come to love these kids so much in the past few months as their chorister and I'm excited to get to stay with them!
I had a good time visiting teaching this week - I was finally able to get over to see Jill, and the kids had a blast playing over there with her kids and we had a nice chat. She and I get along so well and have fun when we get together, but it always takes a few tries before it works out! I also was finally able to really visit a sister that has been on my route for awhile now, but due to phone number issues, i was never able to get a hold of her - I am SO glad that I was able to spend some time chatting with her and getting to know her better!! I am already looking forward to next months visit!
Sunday, March 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment