Sunday, August 5, 2012

10 Happy Years

Can I just say that I am the luckiest woman in the world!!!  I have had 10 wonderful years with a man who still treats me like a queen, still makes me laugh and still makes every day better because he is in it.  Dan and I had our 10th anniversary this week - the plan was to keep it fairly simple since we are really celebrating with a cruise later this year - but Dan couldn't help himself.  He got up early and made me breakfast and with breakfast, I got a new set of mixing bowls (I have been intensely irritated with ours for most of our married lives, but never really done anything about it) They are wonderful and we have been enjoying using them ever since.  They make very good brownies :)  He then came home for lunch with some Panda Express for me and some flowers.  Finally, we got a sitter and he took me out to dinner (along with a very romantic and sweet card) and a movie.

Aside from our wonderful anniversary, this week has been mostly a normal uneventful week - James is now officially crawling and getting around rather better than I'm ready for - he is quickly finding everything little that his siblings leave on the floor.


The kids have mostly spent this last full week before school starts again playing with dolls, dressing up and having picnic lunches in the back yard.  (Haha - i even managed to make it look like our grass is all green in that pictures - really that's about the only green spot....) The girls had me do their dolls hairs and then do their hairs to match, which they all got a kick out of - then they, of course, wanted pictures.  


The weather has been just gorgeous, though rather hot - it has also often cooled off in the evening and drizzled in the evening - making for a nice relief.  Though the kids can only take so long being out in the heat. Last Sunday, the girls decided that they wanted bangs, so they now have bangs again and I think they look so CUTE!  Though admittedly, I am not the best hair cutter - well maybe the best in the house - but that's about all I can claim.  :)  


Dan finally let the kids pull in the trunk of dress up clothes from the garage a few weeks back and they spend at least part of every day in dress-up clothes.  


I'm very thankful for small miracles this week.  Dan had another trip that he left for this morning - which meant that I had to get all 5 kids ready for church this morning and all the craziness that entails at church - fussy baby, little kids needing to use the restroom and of course my calling.  Trying to lead music with a wiggly and cranky 6 month old can be a bit insane - and today I was so off kilter that I think it would have been impossible if not for the help of a very dear friend.  A friend from Texas was in the area visiting today and came to church with me - she and her 9 year old son were SO helpful during Sacrament meeting and she came with me and helped me out during primary.  I believe the only reason I survived with my sanity in tact, was her helpfulness!  So thanks again Shari and Garret and you are welcome to visit ANYTIME!

No comments: