The weather here has been mostly beautiful. It's been windy too - but also sunny and warm. As a result we have been able to spend a lot of time outside enjoying the weather.
Eileen decided this week that she was ready and wanted to learn how to ride her bike with out training wheels on. She spent most of the week riding around the back yard - Dan and I figure she wanted to practice on something softer and more forgiving than concrete. When she sets her mind to something she works hard to accomplish it - and this was no different - she worked hard and is now a two wheel bike rider - She is still a bit shaky on the steering, but she is getting there!
Evie has been sick for some of this week - with a fever and runny nose, the fever made her rather snuggly - which I thoroughly enjoyed when I wasn't feeding James - hopefully James won't get sick from all the times Evie coughed on him when she needed to cuddle while I was holding James too. She seems to be doing a lot better now. Fever is mostly gone and nose is dripping less - now we just need the cough to go away.
Saturday, the kids spent most of the day cleaning (the girls room was a disaster zone) and riding bikes - Dan took each of them for rides around the block - they loved it!
Since Evie was sick and I was teaching a lesson at church today, Dan took Evie and James home after Sacrament Meeting. Since it was a beautiful day, the kids and I walked home after church. The kids didn't much like the wind, but it was a nice walk. Aaron pooped in his pants about half way home - I could tell - not just be the smell being blown back to me, but by Aaron beginning to use what I now refer to as the "poopy walk"
I had concerts this weekend - I tried to make sure that Dan had some milk for James, then I left poor Dan with 5 cranky kids - for two nights in a row. Thankfully he is an angel and never complains about it. I think that the bottle might have caused some problems though. For the last 2 nights James has woken up every 2 hours. The problem was that he didn't want to eat and go back to sleep, in fact he didn't really seem to want to eat or be awake - I would nurse him back to sleep, but it wouldn't last long. We finally figured out the problem today - serious gas. After an afternoon of almost constant unexplained fussing and refusing to eat - he spent 5 minutes passing gas and filling his diaper - after which he felt MUCH better. - go figure - LOL - for those of you who really didn't need/want all that info... sorry. :)
Sunday, March 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment