We kept busy with our usual grocery shopping, piano lessons, preschool, choir, and play dates. My visiting teacher was sweet enough to take the kids for a morning so that I could get some rest...too bad James had other plans.... :)
Thursday night I had a Relief Society activity - I dragged all four kids there since they had the nursery set up, and had a great time. The kids were great - but were all rather tired the next day.
We were grateful to welcome Dan home on Friday just in time to rescue the house before it fell into total ruin. Between the total lack of sleep (I rarely got more than 5 hours of sleep in a night between feeding James and getting the girls to school) and a rather crazy schedule (James doesn't like to give me time to eat....) I was starting to come down with a cold - so Dan sent me to bed (once again James didn't want to cooperate....) and here it is 3 days later and I'm still trying to recover on sleep.
The weather has been beautiful recently, so Saturday for lunch, we packed a picnic and headed out to the park. The kids all rode their bikes there (with me walking behind and ensuring safe road crossings) and we met some friends there and had fun enjoying the beautiful spring-like weather.
Saturday night was Stake Conference - the young women in our ward were doing a babysitting fundraiser to help pay for girls camp, so we took our kids there and went to the adult session together (one of the very few times we have been able to go together since we have been married) I was singing as part of the special musical number and the talks were wonderful. Wonderful reminders about having faith and hope, even when life gets tough.
Sunday Dan and I dragged ourselves out of bed and got our 4 cranky kids to the general session of Stake Conference. (They had been kept up nearly 2 hours past their bed times) The speakers were wonderful (and once again I was singing with the choir) I just wish I had been able to hear more of them, 5 attention demanding cranky kids can distract...
The girls have tomorrow off school and Dan has the day off work after his trip, so we are looking forward to having the whole day together. Well actually, mommy is looking forward to being able to run some errands with out 5 kids in tow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment