Sunday, February 12, 2012

Blessed

The title of this post has a double meaning this week. We are so blessed!! James has been a good, healthy baby - he sleeps well (just not always at night) and it is so fun to watch him grow and watch his older brothers and sisters love him. Evie has had a runny nose for the last week, so it was no surprise when James got a bit stuffy for a couple of days. He hated it, but he seems to be feeling much better now. In fact, I would say he is one happy baby! Dan was sitting and playing with him and coaxed a couple adorable smiles out of him!


Grandma and Grandpa Jones arrived on Thursday and have been keeping busy ever since. My dad arrived on Saturday in the midst of putting up lights in our upstairs rooms. The boys spent most of the day hanging light fixtures and ceiling fans in our three upstairs bed rooms and the main room - THANK YOU!!!!!!!! The house is so much nicer now! I think we exhausted my poor husband though..... Dan even took me out on a date to home depot to pick out the ceiling fan for the front room. Now we just need our blinds.... :)


The grandparents and the Bessendorfers gathered with us today to bless James. The kids loved being together for church. Eileen and Zoe were basically inseparable. Evie was talking the whole way there about "see Zoe? See Jacob?" She just loves them! We even managed to get them to stand together for about 3 seconds. :)


James was an angel during the blessing, he was quiet and alert the whole time. My mother-in-law took pics of the whole family, but I'm going to have to convince her to send them to me....


And of course my handsome little man. Evie heard me call him that and walked around for the next half hour calling him "little man."


Aaron and Evie have seemed to adjust so well to this new addition to our family, Eileen and Anna seem to have gotten a bit moody recently - I think that maybe this adjustment is getting to them a bit - I wasn't really expecting that, and I have been trying to make more of an effort to include them and show them how much I love them. They are such good kids and so helpful, but since they are at school most of the day, they don't get as much mommy time as the other two.

All in all - life is good - I am tired, and Dan is tired, but that kinda comes with the territory. I am surrounded by amazing people - both old and young - who love me and support me. I have children who shower me with sweet hugs and kisses and a husband who would run himself to the ground to take care of me and help me (though I try not to let him run himself that hard) How many women can say that the only time their husbands don't listen to them is when she is telling him to stop doing dishes and go lay down!

No comments: