I still feel like I'm healing - go figure but an 8 lb 10 oz baby is harder on your body than a 7 lb baby. I thought I was up to a simple trip to Costco - but I was wrong - Dan keeps asking me if I want to get out of the house - usually this much time stuck in one place drives me nuts, but for now I am content to stay home and heal.
Aaron had his 4 year old check up this week (yeah - a month late was the soonest they could get us in) Dan took him (Dan took this week off work) when he got his shots - all he said was "owww!" He's such a brave big boy!! We also took him for his 4 year old pictures ( and by we I mean Dan) he had a blast - hamming it up for the camera - and he looks so handsome!
Eileen and Anna had Thursday and Friday off school - Friday would have been cancelled anyway for show - we got nearly a foot and a half - the kids had fun playing outside in it and Dan helped Aaron build a snow fort - Aaron mostly had fun knocking it down!
My mom went home on Monday - we were sad to see her go, and Evie spent most of the rest of the week looking for her and asking "where's grandma?" This week we have had to adjust to no Grandma - next week we get to adjust to Daddy being back at work, It's a good thing I have such good kids to help me!
Dan took me in on a date last night - knowing that going out wasn't really an option, he made me a wonderful fancy dinner right at home - a yummy steak, baked potato, and asparagus, plus candles and sparkling cider! I am married to the sweetest man ever!!
1 comment:
Sweet picture! He looks like he belongs! Good for you for resting. You totally deserve it (and I don't think there are many times when someone "deserves" something).
Post a Comment