Saturday morning we got to pick up the fruit we ordered from Bithell Farms. We ordered fruit from them 2 years ago and made lots of yummy home made jam with it, but we have run out and so Becky came up last night to help us make jam. We did a few batches last night and a few more tonight. Hopefully we will be able to finish it off tomorrow. I've been eating the foam we scrape off the top on everything I can find, there is just nothing quite like homemade jam on homemade bread... mmmmmmm. The best part is - that this year we ordered purees - which comes already ready (and de-seeded) to make into jam - so most of the hard part is already done! :)
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Cough cough, sniff sniff....
Well - we managed to come back from Idaho with a few colds... Anna was coughing, but I think that was the dryness more than anything else. I thought Colorado was dry... Utah and Idaho are much worse. It was actually a relief to get back to CO. We have also had a cool summer here, so it was nice to get back to that too. Dan had Tuesday off, so we spent that day un-packing, and doing laundry and settling back in. Wednesday and Thursday I moped around the house while the kids went stir crazy and got into everything. Dan took Friday off to let me try and get some rest and try and shake the cold that has been hanging on for more than a week now. I finally gave up and made an appointment with the doctor... I just hope he can do something about this... I can't take another week of this!! Evie and Aaron have had some runny and stuff noses, but theirs seem to be clearing up, while mine just seems determined to hang around and make itself comfy.
Saturday morning we got to pick up the fruit we ordered from Bithell Farms. We ordered fruit from them 2 years ago and made lots of yummy home made jam with it, but we have run out and so Becky came up last night to help us make jam. We did a few batches last night and a few more tonight. Hopefully we will be able to finish it off tomorrow. I've been eating the foam we scrape off the top on everything I can find, there is just nothing quite like homemade jam on homemade bread... mmmmmmm. The best part is - that this year we ordered purees - which comes already ready (and de-seeded) to make into jam - so most of the hard part is already done! :)
Saturday morning we got to pick up the fruit we ordered from Bithell Farms. We ordered fruit from them 2 years ago and made lots of yummy home made jam with it, but we have run out and so Becky came up last night to help us make jam. We did a few batches last night and a few more tonight. Hopefully we will be able to finish it off tomorrow. I've been eating the foam we scrape off the top on everything I can find, there is just nothing quite like homemade jam on homemade bread... mmmmmmm. The best part is - that this year we ordered purees - which comes already ready (and de-seeded) to make into jam - so most of the hard part is already done! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so glad you didn't have to get the girls off to school the day after you got home! Are you all better now?
Post a Comment