Sunday, May 8, 2011

Welcome to Peoria!

Well here I am - in Illinois and states away from my hubby and kids on Mother's Day. Instead i spent it with my sister who is a brand new mother and her ADORABLE little baby boy! I missed hearing my little kids singing "Mother I Love You" but hopefully I am being a helpful and useful big sister. I did get to talk to my hubby and sweet little kids. Anna told me that they made a 'aprise' (surprise) for me, then told me to guess what it was. I made some silly guesses without revealing to her that Eileen had told me about the cards just a minute ago. I even got to talk to little Evie who with some help from Daddy said "mama, I love..."

The kids are loving their time with Grandma and Grandpa Jones. Evie took to them quickly, thought generally wary of people she doesn't recognize. Aaron will even ask them to change his diaper - he won't even let Dan do that! Out house is now much cleaner and more organized and the backyard has a trimmed tree with 3 rope swings hanging from it. I have lots of pics - but they will have to wait until next week since I'm not on my computer. :)

Since it's Mother's Day - I just thought I would say thank you to all the amazing mothers in my life - not just my mother and mother-in-law who are both amazing women - but all my sisters as well - my sister, my sisters-in-law and my sisters in the church who inspire me and teach me by their examples and love. My aunts who are all different - but wonderful examples of wonderful mothers. Finally my friends - those who live back in Texas - yes I still miss you! The new friends I've made in Colorado, the wonderful friends I've had for longer than I care to admit, and the awesome friends I have made online. Y'all brighten my days and inspire me. I love you all! And happy Mother's Day to you - whether you are a mother, or just have a 'mother's heart.'

1 comment:

LoriT said...

Happy Mother's Day to one of the best moms I know.

And I've been to Peoria--beautiful place! Bryan's brother's family used to live there.

Miss you!