Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthdays

This has been a crazy week around here. Dan left on Monday morning for a business trip. Monday progressed fairly normally and easily - at least until the dryer broke with 2 more loads to dry.... but otherwise - it was fine!
Tuesday - which happened to be my 31st birthday (not my 30th Jones Family!) Started out normal. Eileen went to school - and the rest of us had fun playing and running around outside. My Grandpa came over with a little dinner to celebrate my birthday. The kids went to bed - tired but fine... then around 11:30 Eileen came downstairs covered in puke. I stripped her down - put her in the shower and went to change her sheets. After the shower and brushing her teeth, she was feeling better so I tucked her back in and went back downstairs to go to bed. At around 1:30 she came down again - having thrown up - but fortunately having gotten it all in the toilet (she's such a big girl!!) We brushed her teeth and sat and read for awhile until her tummy felt ok again, then back to bed for both of us. Finally - around 4am she came down again - once again needing clothing change and sheet changes. This time I sent her to bed with an empty garbage can next to her bed - just in case. Eileen was finally asleep for the rest of the night - but that didn't help me since Evie got up at 6am.... Needless to say Eileen stayed home from school that day, and we were both tired. Thursday she was feeling better and went back to school - thankfully no one else got sick and Dan came home on Friday to nothing worse than a very messy house and a very tired wife. :)

This week I finally finished a project that I have been working on for a few years now. This quilt was started by (i think) my great great great aunt. The Sunbonnet Sue squares were found in my Grandmother's basement when she passed away. They were in varying degrees of done-ness. Now the top is pieced and all that is left is to get it quilted. I'm rather proud of myself - having never done anything like this before, and can't wait to see the finished product.
Thursday this week was Evie's 1st Birthday - I can't believe my baby is one year old - I also can't believe that for the first time - one of my kids has reached their first birthday with out me being pregnant - we thought Aaron might have - but we were wrong.... this time we are positive. :) She is growing and moving and developing her own little unique personality. She loves doing her own thing and dancing to her own beat. She is trying to climb all over everything and steal her siblings toys. She still hates eating, but we're getting there.

So how big are you Evie!??!
SOOOO BIG!!!

And the rest of my cheesy bunch. What goof balls! Gotta love them though!
Today Dan made me my birthday cake and next weekend he has an exciting date planned for us - but I'll tell you about that next week! :P

2 comments:

JB said...

I can't believe she is 1! Time has sure has gone quick. What a cutie! miss you guys.

Dennis Cox said...

NO, no, no, no. The question Evie was answering is, "How do you block a hitter that likes to hit the angles in volleyball?" See how she drops her hands into the angles?