Monday, July 12, 2010

Crayons

Eileen and Anna love to color and draw - the spend hours and use up piles of paper and boxes of crayons doing it. Eileen loves all the fun color names in her 74 crayon box so when she tells me about her drawings - she tells me what colors she used on them. Today she brought me a drawing with a bunny - and this conversation followed....

Eileen: That's cotton candy and or-child
Mommy: wait... what? You mean orchid?
Eileen: No Or-child (she runs to get the crayon) See Or-child
Mommy: no...see orchid- that kinda looks like or-child but it's pronounced orchid.
Anna: see this one mommy - what's this one called
Mommy: brown....
Anna: yeah - but what's the name of it? (holding it 2 inches from my face)
Mommy: brown....

Eileen also loves to practice her writing. She found a sticky pad and came in and asked me how to spell "you" - I told her - she left and i went back to whatever I was doing. She came back a few minutes later with these notes for Dan and I.

Credits: Summer's Eve by Nibbles Skribbles and Ruby Lane

Evie is walking all over. She can walk half way across a room now - by her self. She is soo cute and wobbly! I'm amazed - she was our latest crawler, but earliest walker. Oooo they are growing up too fast!!!

No comments: