Sunday, June 27, 2010

Boats and Birthdays

Haha - you may have noticed that I have finally changed by blog background... I'm not sure I'm crazy about it, but I didn't have to make it and it was free and I was too lazy to spend any more time on something this un-important! LOL I did however thing it needed a re-vamp after spending a year and a half with winter back grounds.... :)This week (as implied by the title of the post) was highlighted by a trip on the boat with Grandpa and Anna's birthday and all it's celebration. We enjoyed a beautiful morning on a quiet, empty lake. The grown-up's wakeboarded and the kids swam and played. Aaron discovered the joys of jumping off the back of the boat to daddy - however he was unable to convince his sisters of it being fun or even safe. So he happily monopolized his daddy's attention (and mommy and grandpa with cameras for as long as he could while they watched and thought about it. I'm not sure if it's the reckless little boy in him or the trusting little boy in him that allowed him to do this when his sisters would not - but it was still cute and fun to watch. :)




The end of this week was consumed with Anna's birthday and getting ready for it. On Saturday Eileen and Grandma and I went out to shop for Anna's birthday. Eileen had soo much fun choosing her gift for Anna - she picked out two books that she knew Anna would love and bought and paid for them with her own spending money. It is so sweet to watch her wanting to make her sister happy!
This evening, my parents came over along with some of Anna's friends and their parents for some hot dogs and hamburgers. They were eaten on some home-made buns from my amazing friend Lori - accompanied by some scrumptious corn bread mady by my amazing friend Natalie and followed by this absolutely FABULOUS cake made by my talented friend Megan! Anna just adored her princess castle cake and we all had a great time playing and chatting and celebrating a sweet little girl!

Heehee- the cake in all it's glory
and Anna waiting to be able to blow out the candles! (or maybe mostly waiting to eat the cake....)
My little girl has grown so much in the past year - it is so fun to watch her learn from her big sister and make her decisions on what she likes and dislikes and changing. She is so matter of fact in her 4 year old way! I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!

No comments: