Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our week

We had a rather busy week (especially considering my general reluctance to go anywhere!!!) Monday we went to the sprinkler park and had tons of fun in the sun and water. The kids love going there and playing with other kids and I like it because we can go play in the water with out all the stresses that come with the pool and 3 small kids who can't swim.... :) Plus it's about the only place where it is bearable to be outside in the summer here!

Tuesday night was Enrichment for me. It was nice to get out of the house and spend time with other women! The kids never like it when I go, but I'm always a bit more sane for having gone.

Wednesday was Anna's first dentist appointment. She did so well!!! She sat still the whole time (and Anna NEVER sits still for more than 1 minute) and she followed all their instructions. Mommy was very happy that it was a painless ordeal for all involved. Her teeth are healthy and though the front tooth is chipped, at least it isn't dead.

Thursday night I went out with some girls in the ward so we could all hang out with a friend who had moved away and was back visiting while she packed and moved some stuff. We had a great time eating and talking - so much so that I didn't get home until almost 11. :)

Friday we had friends over. Natalie and Mia Walker came over to play. The kids loved having a friend over and Anna and Mia get a long well.

Saturday was the usual chores. The kids kept asking when we were going to go somewhere and Dan and i just kept telling them over and over - we AREN"T!!!! we're staying home!!!

Well Dan's waiting for me to go to bed - so Good Night all!!!

2 comments:

Claire said...

Isn't it nice to stay home sometimes! I wish Provo had a sprinkler park - everything to do with water here costs money. Blah.

LoriT said...

Glad to hear that you are staying home and "conserving" your energy these days. I think about how I felt in your condition, exactly one year ago, and I marvel at all that you are able to keep up with.

When I get home from UT, you'll have to let me take the kids now and then so that you can actually stay at home and REST UP!!!