If all that wasn't enough to exhaust Dan and I.... I mean the kids.... after we went to hang out with our friends the Walker's to play and have some AMAZING food. All in all, it was a fun day, and we all collapsed at the end of it!
It was also neat to have a chance to talk to Eileen about what this holiday is about. Trying to explain to her about freedom and how blessed we are to live in this country. Last night while looking at quotes about Freedom, I came across some really interesting ones that really got me thinking. So here for your philosophical pleasure is one of my favorites. It really got me thinking about how freedom was perceived by our fore fathers and how it is perceived by many today.
There are two freedoms - the false, where a man is free to do what he likes; the true, where he is free to do what he ought. ~Charles Kingsley
I hope that I can teach my children the true meaning of Freedom, and that they will grow up understanding that with the freedom to choose, comes the responsibility to choose wisely.
No comments:
Post a Comment